Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

This is a discussion on Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, may I ask what you had to do to get a replacement for your Nexus One? I'm getting really tired off mine too, even ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

Hi, may I ask what you had to do to get a replacement for your Nexus One? I'm getting really tired off mine too, even though I loved it at the beginning. I've had it since April 2010, everything was fine the first few months except for some minor issues with the display but now it's just super slow, keeps crashing even though I keep 'cleaning it up' (going through apps, clearing data/ caches). Not sure if that's enough reason for a replacement though...sometimes the phone is not responding at all until i restart it...What would I have to do to get a replacement or is it too late already? I have one year of warranty, don't I?

It's very unlikely you are suffering a mechanical or electrical problem with your phone. It is MUCH more likely you have installed a problem app or two or more. For instance, I love my solitaire app, but I'm positive it is causing problems for me. If the phone shuts off with solitaire open a few times, eventually my phone takes a very long time to allow me to use the unlock screen and eventually I have to remove the battery. The solitaire game works exclusively in landscape mode. I believe the problem is that the program gets into a loop trying to rotate the screen when the lock screen is open.

My point is, I suggest doing a complete wipe of the phone and watching carefully for apps that cause your phone to lock up. I also suggest never allowing your internal memory to get below 20 MB, and it's best if you can keep it around 30MB or more. As soon as my phone gets below 20 MB free, it becomes unusable. Also, never move widget apps to your SD card.

yeah, i'm having a lot of issues with the internal memory - I think it's not enough. I moved all apps I could move to the sd card. That might be the issue i guess. But I uninstalled all the apps I don't use so everything left on my phone is actually important to me.

Do you have any idea about my display? I guess it not reacting or reacting slow is probably due to low memory but sometimes (well, more like a few times a week) it doesn't register any of my touches correctly and hits some random buttons not even close to where I hit the display. This makes it impossible to type for a few minutes, sometimes I have to shut down the phone in order to use it again...

actually...i'm having 45mb internal storage available right now and I haven't cleaned up my phone in a few weeks....

I suggest getting it repaired again, but this time get a protective case that will cover the power button. Either the way you store it or use it is effecting the durability so I would try to reinforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by laneli View Post
    yeah, i'm having a lot of issues with the internal memory - I think it's not enough. I moved all apps I could move to the sd card. That might be the issue i guess. But I uninstalled all the apps I don't use so everything left on my phone is actually important to me.

Do you have any idea about my display? I guess it not reacting or reacting slow is probably due to low memory but sometimes (well, more like a few times a week) it doesn't register any of my touches correctly and hits some random buttons not even close to where I hit the display. This makes it impossible to type for a few minutes, sometimes I have to shut down the phone in order to use it again...
    For slowness and battery issues I always use SystemPanel. It gives you a breakdown over a period of time on what is using battery, processor, network, etc. It's a good gauge to see what's going on in your phone.

Other than that, you could try a factory reset of your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by laneli View Post
    actually...i'm having 45mb internal storage available right now and I haven't cleaned up my phone in a few weeks....
    45 MB is plenty of space. I disagree that it sounds like your phone needs repair. It sounds more to me like it is a software problem, like one of your apps is getting stuck in a loop or taking over the phone. The example I used above was I know that solitaire is a problem app that causes problems like yours.

Since space is not the issue; next, make sure that none of your widgets are moved to the SD card. Like Pandora. I moved Pandora to the SD card, but I removed the widget, then it's fine. Next, go to the marketplace reviews of your apps and see if anyone else is having similar problems. I've heard of people having problems with Launcherpro. Finally, try to keep track of which apps are active when you start having problems and see if you see a pattern.

I believe the mis-registering keyboard is a different problem. I get this problem a few times a week. The N1 is known to have a low quality multi-touch display. It gets easily confused if multiple parts of your hand are near the display. Then it gets all crazy and I hit one place and it thinks I'm hitting something else. It'll even start mis-registering and think I'm hitting the buttons at the bottom when I'm hitting more towards the middle of the display. It usually happens to me when I am typing fast, or while I'm typing the edge of my hand gets close to the edge of the display. Usually I can fix it by turning off the display and turning it back on again.

Maybe you could use an app like Appslist and create a list of the apps you are using, noting which ones you have moved to the SD card and which widgets you are using.

I'm having more and more issues with my nexus one, since yesterday I'm having trouble receiving and making calls. I have to restart my phone a few times in order to make a call it's definitely not the provider (AT&T) since I can just put the simcard into my old phone and it works fine...
    how do I contact htc about that? All the questions online about returning the nexus one lead to a google support site which isn't available anymore...

GOOD luck with HTC repair or swap THey SUCK!! I been waiting 2 weeks for another swap phone. First swap phone they sent would not even start up. Cant order another one until the first swap phone ticket is closed. They take for ever once they receive your phone to close ticket.
    Heres the HTC service number 1.888.716.3593
    Heres the North American Headquarters number 425-679-5318 after you get tired of hearing all the excuses from the HTC service number. Thats where Im calling in the morning and complaining.

Oh and my first Nexus one did exactly what yours is doing. It wouldnt pick up a signal, and Im also on ATT. Had to send it back for a swap phone or repair. That time everything went pretty well.

Good luck

Thank you!
    Do you think I have a chance at all if I have the phone more than a year? I got it mid-April last year...
    Warranty is only one year, isn't it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links