Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

This is a discussion on Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Id give them a call and see what they say. Your not out anything for trying. I mean the phones not working now, the way ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

Id give them a call and see what they say. Your not out anything for trying. I mean the phones not working now, the way it is. Give it try!
    Keep us informed on how it goes.

the odd thing is, that it's working through the day but it stops in the evening and all night. It can't be my place cause I went shopping last night and it still didn't work, also the sim card always works if I put it in my old cell...makes zero sense to me
    but i'll give them a call and let you know.

They should know if you have any warranty left or not, when you call them with the IMEi number. I just got roff the phone with them on my second swap phone being sent out. Hopefully I will have a working swap phone this time.

called them, they were actually quite friendly and I didn't have to wait long.
    They said I should do a factory reset as a first step, I'll try that tonight - need to backup my messages first but left my cable at home...
    Hope your swap will work this time! Is that usually a brand new phone or just a refurbished one?

Yea there always friendly at the call center, LOL. Thats not where the problem is, its the service center.
    It will just be another refurbished one.
    Im not sure I will buy another phone that is made by HTC. I love my phone, but they just dont care about customer service anymore. And dont get me wrong, its really not anyones fault in the call center, there just doing what there told to say. I really feel sorry for those people that answer the phone.
    Keep us informed on what you do

Looks like Im buying a new phone, I just got off the phone with HTC and my warranty ran out in Jan 2011. They want me to send my phone and told me the cost to repair the power button issue could be anywhere from $55 to $198 . Unless there is another way to turn this phone on Im not going to waste any money fixing it . I got a year and a half out of a brand new phone. This is the most expensive phone I ever bought and it lasted the shortest amount of time out of all the phones I have ever owned. I think Im going to buy a Galaxy S .

Well to turn it on you just need to plug in the usb cable and then remove and reinsert the battery (a few times until you see the :nexusx then just leave the battery in and it's on. Then if you want to lock the screen you can download widget locker which will allow you to lock the phone with a desktop widget (as the name suggests) and then you can get no lock which will allow you to unlock the screen with the trackball. So ya there are work arounds that you can use even with the power button broken.

I chucked the nexus in the garbage and bought a new phone today , that is way to much bull to have to turn a phone on . I deal with a lot of emergencies at my job and cannot run the risk of having a phone that does not turn on.

Ok but instead of throwing it out you could have sold it I'm sure there are allot of people who would have paid good money for that phone even with the power button issue because the nexus one is still very popular and it's only like a 55$ fix.

Im sure I could have sold it , probably could have even givin it to someone but I really lost my patience with this phone .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links