Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

This is a discussion on Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought the Nexus One 10 months ago. The power button on top of the phone wore out and quit working within the first 2 ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

Broken Nexus Still Under Warranty

I bought the Nexus One 10 months ago. The power button on top of the phone wore out and quit working within the first 2 months. I have sent it back 3 times for repair, and one month ago, I did the 550.00 reserve against my credit card to do a 'swap' to get a new (refurbished) phone. One month later, the power button is not working. Any suggestions as to what I can do.

I would like for them to send me the Nexus S as a replacement. I really don't see that that is too much to ask since I've had so many problems the Nexus One and had to return it time and time again.

However, I did complain to T-Mobile and they started my 2-yr. contract over and let me get the MyTouch4G at the discounted price.

I must say the MT4G blows the Nexus One away. Super fast, and the genious button w/ all the handsfree features is worth the purchase in it's self.

So if I can get the new Nexus S and prolly just sell it. That way I can get my money back from Nexus.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

doubt they will send you a Nexus S.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

What? So u are saying for a replacing N1 to replace a broken one which is under warranty need to pay $550? This is ridiculous! Then what warranty for?

Well, i doubt they will replace u with nexus s neither.

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    What? So u are saying for a replacing N1 to replace a broken one which is under warranty need to pay $550? This is ridiculous! Then what warranty for?

Well, i doubt they will replace u with nexus s neither.
    They don`t charge you 550$ they just put a hold on your credit card so they are sure that you will send your broken phone when you receive the referb.

I will join the motion and that I too dough that they will send you a nexus S.

Well they didn't send me a Nexus S, but they did send me a 'New" Nexus One. It didn't have a battery and they didn't ask for me to send the broken one back either. So, I'll sell the old for parts and I'll try and sell the new one on Cragslist or something and recoup some of my money. Anyway, I love my new MyTouch4G over any of the other smartphones.

Let's be clear here. Google has nothing to do with the warranty procedure here. HTC handles all warranty work. There is no way anyone will ever get a Samsung Nexus S as a replacement for an HTC Nexus One, unless the replacement is happening under an insurance plan.

thanks for everyone's input

Quote Originally Posted by optoutnabout View Post
    Well they didn't send me a Nexus S, but they did send me a 'New" Nexus One. It didn't have a battery and they didn't ask for me to send the broken one back either. So, I'll sell the old for parts and I'll try and sell the new one on Cragslist or something and recoup some of my money. Anyway, I love my new MyTouch4G over any of the other smartphones.
    Um, yes, you do have to send it back. They e-mailed you a pre-paid fedex label you need to use and send your broken phone back. Otherwise, that $549 charge is going to be permanent.

Um, No, they didn't send me an email or a fedex pre-paid label. Their escalation dept basically got tired of fooling with me and sent me a new phone. It was packaged differently than the original one.

I have done the email/pre-paid label thingy three times, where I had to send my nexus back for repair. That's when they do that, when your getting a phone repaired. I've also done the 'swap' (where they put a reserve of $550.00 on a credit card to ensure they get the swap-phone back. Then they take the reserve off, which I have also done).

Either way, the new phone came with a back cover (but not a battery). I even got a courtesy call from Nexus asking me if I received the phone (before it even came). I asked them at that time if I needed to send my other phone back. She said No, that because of all the aggrivation, just keep both phones. So to Craigslist with both of them. The old one ($100.00 for parts) and the new phone ($400.00) since I won't need either one of them. Let me sell the new one before the power button messes up on it again.

*EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE MYTOUCH 4G*

Quote Originally Posted by optoutnabout View Post
    Um, No, they didn't send me an email or a fedex pre-paid label. Their escalation dept basically got tired of fooling with me and sent me a new phone. It was packaged differently than the original one.

Either way, the new phone came with a back cover (but not a battery). I even got a courtesy call from Nexus asking me if I received the phone (before it even came). I asked them at that time if I needed to send my other phone back. She said No, that because of all the aggrivation, just keep both phones. So to Craigslist with both of them. The old one ($100.00 for parts) and the new phone ($400.00) since I won't need either one of them. Let me sell the new one before the power button messes up on it again.

*EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE MYTOUCH 4G*
    Ah, sorry.

I ended up talking to the escalation department and all they'll do is another swap or a repair (5 weeks turnaround). It's ridiculous! I can't do a repair or swap since I'm moving to Germany in 6 days. I've been dealing with this crap for 2 months. On my 4th nexus one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links