Backing Up & Restoring Question

This is a discussion on Backing Up & Restoring Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Sorry if this was discussed before, but I could not find an answer via search. Is there a way to do a simple backup and ...

Thread: Backing Up & Restoring Question

Backing Up & Restoring Question

Sorry if this was discussed before, but I could not find an answer via search. Is there a way to do a simple backup and restore of an Android phone (not rooted) in the same manner as backing up and restoring the iPhone with iTunes? What do most people do when you have to change phones?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

just configuring your gmail account should do it. Should bring back your contacts and download list. (mine came back just fine)

(Make sure you did it and sync'ed it 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    just configuring your gmail account should do it. Should bring back your contacts and download list. (mine came back just fine)

(Make sure you did it and sync'ed it 1st)
    Thanks! I already knew that part. But, what about apps, notes, text messages, ringtones, etc.?

Apps can be backed up to your Google account, notes it depends on what note app you are using, text messages you can use app like sms backup, ringtones can just be redownloaded from where you got them right if not they should be somewhere on your sd card or be backed up with apps. I don`t know what etc. is cause I think we covered everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Apps can be backed up to your Google account, notes it depends on what note app you are using, text messages you can use app like sms backup, ringtones can just be redownloaded from where you got them right if not they should be somewhere on your sd card or be backed up with apps. I don`t know what etc. is cause I think we covered everything.
    Thanks much. Okay, so there is no one stop backup, then. I guess I'll have to brace myself for multiple backup steps. So, which SMS Backup app does everyne use? There are quite a few of them. As to the notes app, it's called "AK Notepad" and is supported by Catch.com.

If you root, you can make a complete image of your phone - no problem. It's so easy, and you don't need to unlock the bootloader... It's even easier if you do unlock the bootloader...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I don't know what you mean by changing phones. But, you can use MyBackUp Pro. Got to restore to same phone, not sure if it works on another android phone. You could email dev on it thru market.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I don't know what you mean by changing phones.
    Change phones as in one breaks and you need to get a replacement.

Then MyBackUp Pro should do what you want
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links