question about rooting

This is a discussion on question about rooting within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I want to be able to take a screen shot of my phone, and I know the only way you can do it is if ...

Thread: question about rooting

question about rooting

I want to be able to take a screen shot of my phone, and I know the only way you can do it is if your phone is rooted.. or if not, the long way via usb/pc, which is too much of a hassle for me. So I only want to get root access to be able to do take screenshots, but keep everything in stock (no custom roms etc). Does that void my warranty AND will I not be able to update to gingerbread OTA but manually?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    I want to be able to take a screen shot of my phone, and I know the only way you can do it is if your phone is rooted.. or if not, the long way via usb/pc, which is too much of a hassle for me. So I only want to get root access to be able to do take screenshots, but keep everything in stock (no custom roms etc). Does that void my warranty AND will I not be able to update to gingerbread OTA but manually?
    You don't have to root to take a screen shot, download the latest Android SDK here download the one that's recommended for windows. After you've installed SDK launch something called ddms.bat. Plug your phone into your pc. To take pictures hold down control and 'S'

Yes it voids your warrantee, but as mentioned you can take screen shots with out rooting so there is no reason to root for that. Some methods of root are reversible so you could get your warrantee back, but not all so if you ever do decide to root keep that in mind.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

root doesn't forbid you to still be able to get and install official OTA updates. But you should keep on mind you will lose your root after the update.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Also rooting isn`t what voids your warranty it's unlocking the bootloader that does that, if you are rooted via a one click method that means your warranty is still intact while you are rooted (and when and if you go back).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links