Why do apps saved to Titanium appear only on SDcard/computer but not on the phone?

This is a discussion on Why do apps saved to Titanium appear only on SDcard/computer but not on the phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Using ClockworkMod, I flashed the latest radio, 5.08.00.04, to my rooted N1. Prior to flash, I used Titanium to backup my apps, and other data. ...

Thread: Why do apps saved to Titanium appear only on SDcard/computer but not on the phone?

Unhappy Why do apps saved to Titanium appear only on SDcard/computer but not on the phone?

Using ClockworkMod, I flashed the latest radio, 5.08.00.04, to my rooted N1. Prior to flash, I used Titanium to backup my apps, and other data.

Here's the problem: Everything I backed up prior to flashing the radio is, post recovery/flashing, only visible or discoverable on my SD card when ported to my computer via USB. Everything shows up there. However, when the SD card is not ported, nothing seems to be discoverable on the phone itself. On N1, if I go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->On SD Card, none of the apps/data show up at all.

I've searched all over the phone but to no avail. Market is not letting me download Astro or Rom Manager, etc., as these were already downloaded prior to flashing.

I've gone through fastboot/recovery several times now to see if I can upload these occulted apps/data from SDcard onto the phone, but to no avail. I'm hopeless on this stuff. :suicide:

Really need that Rom Manager, as I'd love to download CyanogenMod onto my phone.

Any help anyone can throw my way would be immensely appreciated!

Best Regards,
    -RL

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Flashing the radio alone should not have wiped out any of your apps.

Did you nondroid before flashing?
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Thanks for response. Yup, did a back-up- or equivalent. At the recovery screen, ClockworkMod renders this as "backup and restore" (I noticed on some YouTube vids I was researching that it must be the old version of ClockworkMod that renders it as "nandroid"...for whatever this is worth). Sorry for my clueless, noob status....What steps should I take next? Spent hours upon hours trying to get this all sorted out.
    Thanks,
    -R.

Radio flashing shouldn't wipe apps, so maybe a restore is in order...

Lot of strange misunderstandings here, so you may have to restate your problem. I'm not sure if I fully understand...

Firstly, Titanium makes an archive of your apps and data. These are stored on your SD in the TitaniumBackup folder on you SD as tar.gz files, etc. You have to reinstall via Titanium to actually install them on your phone.

If you install apps to SD, they may show up on your card, but that has nothing to do with Titanium...

Menu> settings> applications> manage applications - this will only show you what is installed on the phone. If you wiped your phone, and haven't restored your backups, you won't see them...

I suspect the card isn't being mounted/read...

Can you open a file explorer, and see ANYTHING on your SD, such as folders, or anything like that.

If you go to menu> settings> SD card & phone storage, does it tell you how much space you have on your SD?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I have 12.66gb available on the sd, and 14.83gb total. I can only see the contents of the sd when phone is connected to my computer. And Titanium, Rom Manager and everything else I archived onto Titanium is clearly visible there. I suppose i should just delete the file explorer- Astro , which i had already downloaded prio to flashing the radio and recovery- on the computer, and download it again.
    Perhaps something that I left out in my earlier description, is that I did a wipe of the phone during the recovery phase after installing the radio.

And furthermore, no, I cannot open anything- any file explorer or anything- on the sd card, that is unless it is hooked up to my computer via USB.

Sounds like your card isn't mounting or being read by the phone. First thing, backup your card to the PC, just in case...

Do you have a spare SD card you can try?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I've dragged the folders of the SD to homescreen on my Mac. Nope, no spare SD card...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links