SIM Card Caution Icon - How to Fix?

This is a discussion on SIM Card Caution Icon - How to Fix? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys.... Travelling to asia and after a few failed attempts to use a SIM card from 3 different countries, I noticed I get the ...

Thread: SIM Card Caution Icon - How to Fix?

SIM Card Caution Icon - How to Fix?

Hey guys....
    Travelling to asia and after a few failed attempts to use a SIM card from 3 different countries, I noticed I get the logo/icon with the SIM card w/caution (it pops up right next to the signal strength bars). Now it does the same thing even with my original Tmobile SIM card.

All the SIM cards work in other phones, but now my N1 is basically non-functional. How do I fix this and what exactly caused this problem to begin with?
    I would really prefer not to have to buy another phone just for my week long trip out here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try going into settings - wireless & networks - mobile networks and make sure data is enabled. If you are in the correct country, you can also enable data roaming.

If that doesn't help then go into settings - wireless & networks - mobile networks - network operators. Try selecting t-mobile after it appears.

If that doesn't completely help, go into settings - wireless & networks - mobile networks - access point names. select one of the t-mobile access points.

If this works, you should go back to the network operators screen and set to select automatically.

I've had similar problems when going back and forth to my Taiwan Chunghwa SIM. Eventually it clears up.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

thanks kevin. unfortunately, i turned off my tmobile while i'm abroad, so even tho the SIM card is recognized on other phones, it's not technically "on".

the SIM cards i've tried including the prepaid one that i bought don't have data usage as part of the plan.

so basically suggestion for tmobile APN isn't going to work, since the tmobile SIM card is turned off. tried putting in the new SIM card and repeated the steps you suggested above, but no luck.

It sounds like you need to contact your regular service provider and get the PUK as the phone is locked out. They will ask you some questions to verify ID (and maybe charge - I've heard some carriers do) then give you the number. Keep it written down as it doesn't change. You may need it again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links