Google Maps Update

This is a discussion on Google Maps Update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Berig Map rotation works fine with me, not sure if it's supposed to work outside of "My Location." Click it once it ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Google Maps Update

  1. #21
    Senior Member baseballfanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Berig View Post
    Map rotation works fine with me, not sure if it's supposed to work outside of "My Location."
    Click it once it changes to a + shaped compass rose, click it again changes to an X shaped one and uses the compass.

    The two finger angle change doesn't seem to be working for me though.
    Yeah that's the "Compass Mode" trick but does not work once you move a little out of your position.
    **************
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM




  2. #22
    Senior Member d1mitrov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    339
    3D works nice, Tampa, FL. i dont know what this whole map rotation thing is you guys are talking about and what is the 2 finger thing is supposed to do?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

  3. #23
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    3D works nice, Tampa, FL. i dont know what this whole map rotation thing is you guys are talking about and what is the 2 finger thing is supposed to do?
    1 finger tap zoom in.
    2 finger tap zoom out.
    2 finger swype down tilts the angle of the map to 3d
    2 finger swipe up tilts back to 2d
    2 finger rotate clockwise or counter rotates the map.

    The last one is what does not work for us
    Androidfied.

  4. #24
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    3D works nice, Tampa, FL. i dont know what this whole map rotation thing is you guys are talking about and what is the 2 finger thing is supposed to do?
    1 finger tap zoom in.
    2 finger tap zoom out.
    2 finger swype down tilts the angle of the map to 3d
    2 finger swipe up tilts back to 2d
    2 finger rotate clockwise or counter rotates the map.

    The last one is what does not work for us
    The first one should be: 1 finger double tap to zoom in....

  5. #25
    Senior Member baseballfanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    269
    N1 running CM 6.1.1. Maps rotation working now.

    Follow this thread
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6.1 for Nexus One :: V6.1.1 (12/15/2010)

    Remember to change Permissions to 644
    **************
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM




  6. #26
    Junior Member dominatorishere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    I don't get it. Why would the official google phone not be able to use the latest features of Google maps?

  7. #27
    Member killerbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    N1 running CM 6.1.1. Maps rotation working now.

    Follow this thread
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6.1 for Nexus One :: V6.1.1 (12/15/2010)

    Remember to change Permissions to 644
    Tried and works!

    Quote Originally Posted by dominatorishere View Post
    I don't get it. Why would the official google phone not be able to use the latest features of Google maps?
    Is a hardware issue, not a software problem. Try what baseballfanz says in the post before yours
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5
    ROM: CyanogenMod 7.0.0 RC2

  8. #28
    Junior Member umplarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    N1 running CM 6.1.1. Maps rotation working now.

    Follow this thread
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6.1 for Nexus One :: V6.1.1 (12/15/2010)

    Remember to change Permissions to 644
    Where do you change permissions? I have downloaded the link and opened, but not making any difference

  9. #29
    Android Lurker danger-rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    0
    Instructions:

    1) Download file
    2) Extract
    3) Move to /system/etc/permissions
    4) Delete "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml"
    5) Change permissions of moved file to read/write, read & read (by long-pressing on the file and choosing permissions) rw-r--r--
    6) Reboot


    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    I don't think Maps on Nexus matters that much. It's to small to IMO to appreciate the building and rotating don't mean much to me if can work on the compass aspect. I like that much better.
    Androidfied.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum