Warranty/Customer Service On Second-Hand Nexus One

This is a discussion on Warranty/Customer Service On Second-Hand Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Please excuse my ignorance, but as I should have my new (to me, at least) Nexus One in my hands in a couple of days, ...

Thread: Warranty/Customer Service On Second-Hand Nexus One

Warranty/Customer Service On Second-Hand Nexus One

Please excuse my ignorance, but as I should have my new (to me, at least) Nexus One in my hands in a couple of days, a question comes to my mind...actually two...

What about warranty, if there is any left on the phone get?

Who should I contact to register the phone in my name?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well the warranty is suppose to be void when the phone changes hands meaning you need to be the original owner to have a warranty, this is according to htcs warranty statement. But in reality they insure the phones by imei so there is no problem you send it in and they will fix your phone usually, if they don't find out, if they do then you will have to either pay for the repairs or they will send it back to you.

Well if you do that they will surely know that the phone has changed hands and will definitely not give you any insurance.

Welcome to the forum!

AFAIK the warranty does not carry over.

Just Factory Reset the phone and Sign in with your Gmail.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well the warranty is suppose to be void when the phone changes hands meaning you need to be the original owner to have a warranty, this is according to htcs warranty statement. But in reality they insure the phones by imei so there is no problem you send it in and they will fix your phone usually, if they don't find out, if they do then you will have to either pay for the repairs or they will send it back to you.

Well if you do that they will surely know that the phone has changed hands and will definitely not give you any insurance.

Well, all that pretty much blows. Wish I had done my homework and had known this before I made the agreement to trade my iPhone 4 for a Nexus One. I hope I won't regret it...

Besides it's not a big deal because if the nexus one was bough within the first few months of release then you were about to lose it anyway because it is almost a year old but if you want to know just call htc they will tell you.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links