Shortcut Key to restore Factory Settings

This is a discussion on Shortcut Key to restore Factory Settings within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi Experts, Am a newbie, so here's my question. Is there a shortcut that can be created so that I can restore my factory settings? ...

Thread: Shortcut Key to restore Factory Settings

Shortcut Key to restore Factory Settings

Hi Experts,

Am a newbie, so here's my question. Is there a shortcut that can be created so that I can restore my factory settings? I ask this question, cuz, in my previous Nokia handset, the touchscreen stopped working / calibration went haywire and I could not navigate to the menu to restore the factory settings. Is there a way this can be done in the Nexus One? Can a keypress be assigned the factory reset task?

Thnx !!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum and don't worry we are not all experts here this site has pretty much every different type of user from noob to devs (not allot of those though but there are some). Now to answer your question no you can't assign a key press to the factory reset but you do have two options to factory reset without the touchscreen you can either just use the trackball to navigate this is probably the most average but also you can turn the device off then power on while holding down the volume down key this will bring you to bootloader once you are there you can navigate up and down with the volume buttons then you can go to factory reset then use the power button as an enter button. So you see there are plenty of options that will get you to what you want to achieve and don't worry if you ever need to factory reset without the touchscreen then just come back to this thread or ask on the forum it is full of people that will help you do anything you may need.

Excellent, thanks ! I forgot about being able to use the trackball. But am glad there is > 1 way to achieve this. Thank you !

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links