Notifications when N1 is sleeping

This is a discussion on Notifications when N1 is sleeping within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Coming from a blackberry, I really miss my red LED telling me when I have a notification. It seems like such a trivial thing now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notifications when N1 is sleeping

Notifications when N1 is sleeping

Coming from a blackberry, I really miss my red LED telling me when I have a notification. It seems like such a trivial thing now that I am used to it.

I know the phone will light the trackball, but is there someway i can make it either have it blink or have the LED blink like the blackberries and other phones do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Trackball alert will let you chose whatever color you want to flash
    for certain apps, it will blink till you read the message.

I'm using CyanogenMod's ROM which has it built in
    different color flash for sms, emails, ect....
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Thanks!

Maybe I should try Cyanogen .... hmm

If you're not rooted, an app called "Blink" will give you the same functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    If you're not rooted, an app called "Blink" will give you the same functionality.
    Thanks, just realized the above app needs root.

I am going to start researching, I rooted before but just to mess around with an old phone. If I root and go the Cyanogen mod, how long will it take them to have a stable release when new builds come out(e.g. 2.3)?

Quote Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Thanks, just realized the above app needs root.

I am going to start researching, I rooted before but just to mess around with an old phone. If I root and go the Cyanogen mod, how long will it take them to have a stable release when new builds come out(e.g. 2.3)?
    Its hard to say when exactly the stable releases will drop as they don't give ETAs. They are worth the wait tho
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

My 2 cents as Slim will attest to, is that most the early releases are stable enough for daily use my the majority of users. They test very well. Cyan releases have their own TA, but Trackball Alert Pro which I use is very good. As mentioned won't work on all roms, but is working on most important ones IMHO. Some roms you need to use the Patch option for. Just be careful on that.

I was a long time BB user, on all their Forums, and have not looked back

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Blink was a battery drain on my Nexus One. I am now using GMail Notifier and that works great for me/my emails (I have two different Gmail accounts and have two different color trackball notifications). For SMS/MMS messages, Handcent has a reminder function for those messages that repeats the notification sound until I read the message.

I went ahead and rooted the phone, got the latest Cyanogen rom and it has this features.. Currently still trying to set it up but I do like Cyanogen mod.

Went from all stock to this now, with launcher pro which is great IMO. Now I just need a true backup app, the one I used installed all the apps again but they all started to FC.

could someone point me in the right direction for documentation on the trackball settings in Cyanogenmod? they don't seem to be working for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links