frequencies question (t-mobile)

This is a discussion on frequencies question (t-mobile) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Sorry for this off-topic post... I'm hoping one of our many(some?) frequency experts can answer a question for me. MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G ? Android 2.2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frequencies question (t-mobile)

frequencies question (t-mobile)

Sorry for this off-topic post... I'm hoping one of our many(some?) frequency experts can answer a question for me.

MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G ? Android 2.2 Smartphone ? Wireless from AT&T has details of an almost-released phone, produced for the AT&T market. On that page you'll find the following freq specs:WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps

I have a T-Mobile account/SIM. I know that with my SIM in this phone I can use voice, and that I can at least get an Edge network connection. My question is can I get 3G on T-Mobile if I put my SIM in this phone? A quick search tells me that TMo uses GSM 1900, which this phone supports. I've had the opportunity to drop my SIM into a pre-release version of the hardware and could only get Edge, but I don't know if that was the specific phone (which might have not held the full specs), or where I was located at the time, etc.

Thanks for any advice!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Looks like that's a yes. Shows the 2100mhz band which tmo also needs to run 3G, if the phone specs are correct. That would be the very 1st phone I've ever heard of with all the bands for either AT&T 3G and T-Mobile 3G. Course that could be the result of this bull**** buyout:
    AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion (update) -- Engadget
    Maybe AT&T is setting up ahead of time for when they acquire T-Mobile. Hope this one deal that doesn't work out.

No you'd also need the 1700Mhz band. It will only work on 2G Edge since the 3G requires both bands frequencies to upload/download.

There are a lot of phones out there (6 months old+) that has the EXACT same bands as the Atrix.

Quote Originally Posted by ren2008 View Post
    No you'd also need the 1700Mhz band. It will only work on 2G Edge since the 3G requires both bands frequencies to upload/download.

There are a lot of phones out there (6 months old+) that has the EXACT same bands as the Atrix.

Forgot about that 1700mhz band, don't know what I was thinking.
    If that AT&T buyout goes through though, AT&T will be shifting T-Mobiles frequencies to theirs. Personally I am not buying any new phones until it's decided whether this deal is going through or not. I'll have 3 3G phones that will only work on Edge.

If the buyout goes through, I'll give AT&Tmo a chance but my expectations are that they'll pill me off and I'll be looking at Sprint or MetroPCS. I've been with TMo for well over 10 years and I switched to them from AT&T.

Yeah, I hear that. The one that really pisses me off is that tethering fee. What absolute B.S. That & the data limits. I've been with 8 years & I also am looking to other carriers. Shame of it is, I have 8 TMO phones. Wait & see what happens.
    Been doing a lot of reading & very, very few TMO customers are for it.

Neither are a lot of AT&T customers...

I went into an AT&T&T Store today, to see what they offer. $45 for Data Tethering. That's freaking absurd. One nice thing is unlimited data gives you free mobile-to-mobile to ANY carrier.

But really. Unless they grandfather me in at my same rate, they better have some pretty convincing reasons for me to stick around.

It'll either be Sprint, Virgin Mobile, Metro PCS. I know some people who are making the switch to Virgin. They say it's dirt cheap and that they have very good coverage and service. Anybody heard about this?

I'm considering Virgin.
    From my UK experiences with them, there great. The coverage where I live looks great, also. The only thing I'm concerned about is coverage when I travel...

They're also CDMA, which I don't like, but I don't think there are any GSM options...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crz6662 View Post
    Yeah, I hear that. The one that really pisses me off is that tethering fee. What absolute B.S. That & the data limits. I've been with 8 years & I also am looking to other carriers. Shame of it is, I have 8 TMO phones. Wait & see what happens.
    Been doing a lot of reading & very, very few TMO customers are for it.

I have 4 T-Mobile phones, all which I paid full price for that will be nothing but paper weights. I am very pissed over this entire situation. not many people including T-Mobile have talked about customers who have collected many of their high end devices and they will be just paper weights. Not to mention the pathetic data caps AT&T puts on all their plans. I am fit to be tied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links