OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side"

This is a discussion on OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side" within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; volume in drive c has no label. volume serial number is 82FC-9D5A Directory of C:\SDK (In here it has three DIR<s> one is ".", another ...

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side"

volume in drive c has no label.
    volume serial number is 82FC-9D5A

Directory of C:\SDK

(In here it has three DIR<s> one is ".", another is ".." and the third is dated from when I downloaded an SDK on the 13th and was going to try to root my Fender MyTouch, but changed my mind and it has "SDK")

0 File<s> 0 bytes
    3 Dir<s> 115,315,668,480 bytes free

Keep in mind that I did delete EVERYTHING from previous Downloads.

I have to run now. TTYL

The two directories with the dots are always listed, so you can ignore them (they represent the parent directory).

Are you sure you don't have the tools directory in /sdk/sdk or some thing like that?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Danger,

I haven't kept up on all posts or PM's and not sure what your zip does. So, maybe this has been done--

But, did dude set his Enviromental Path in Windows?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

It was the SDK directory...at least that's what I typed and what it said. One thing. The last two times i tried I did not have my phone tethered to the usb at all. prior (the first time) it was in tethered in recovery mode.

Good morning!

Ken - Thanks for the input. I've never heard of that before? Any guidance?

dude - The phone doesn't need to be connected at this point. We're just trying to navigate to the tools folder with DOS (once there, we'll need to connect the phone though).
    Did you extract the zip file? Windows can browse zips like a regular folder, but DOS can't, so that may be the issue...?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I did this as part of my SDK install but 9 months ago

[GUIDE] ADB For Beginners (Setup, Use, and More!) - xda-developers

Has Path info part way down page under Setting up Android SDK, I used the windows vista guide not linux

Did install eclipse and java

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Good Morning. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure.

Yes i extracted the zip file and renamed it SDK as I've done before. I'm going to look at rugman's link before I do anything this morning.

Btw. I'm alone now for as long as I need. Other than a Basketball game I may or may not watch at 2PM, I have nothing holding me back all weekend (including Monday). So it's however much time you guys want to put into this!

I used that exact guide, just had to figure out what all to install from the SDK set up link. Pretty sure as I mentioned java and eclipse were part of it along with the path info.

Seems like you have the stuff in tools you need like the images, fastboot, dll's etc.

Thought I had to put some dll's in windows system32 folder on my pc also.

I am a slow learner and fumbled thru it, so I know you can do it. I had no help either, like we have here.

So, it will get done, just have patience.

Scan the link like you said you would do. Especially the SDK set up for anything maybe you didn't do. I don't know how much is 100% needed, but it worked for me.

My biggest problem now is getting the commands right in the command shell and not knowing when I should be in shell or adb modes. But, like I said I use Termianl almost exclusively, which you can use with the one-root. I just like having the fastboot option if needed. Which can come in handy if your phone is stuck and can't get to Terminal. Of course there was no one-click when I rooted.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks Ken looks interesting.
    The SDK setup is a bit more complicated now, and it also places things in different directories, which makes it more of a pain to use... The guide also tells you to download everything, which is overkill. The SDK contains all the tools for developing software, including the emulator, java, etc. Most of the stuff is no use if you just wanna connect your phone to the PC, which is why I just placed all the useful stuff in a single zip... I also added the standard rooting tools, so there's most of the stuff you're ever likely to need (it's all I've needed, so far)

I like the path setting option, but it will only tells DOS where to look, and since DOS isn't seeing it right now, I'm not sure it will help...

dude can you find the adb.exe file in windows, right click it, and select properties. The window that opens will show info about the file. Can you look at what it says for location, and let me know?

rugman,
    I tried to use the xda link you provided and the download link for Android SDK goes to a page that seems to no longer have the file available. I read the instructions and they seem pretty clear except for the part about "forcing" it onto your C:\ drive. Not sure whether I would need to type an actual url and if so which one.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links