OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side"

This is a discussion on OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side" within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I will probably load the cyanogen MOD. It seems like the most popular and easiest to use. I've never rooted, but want to root my ...

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side"

OK. I'm Ready to Join the "Dark Side"

I will probably load the cyanogen MOD. It seems like the most popular and easiest to use. I've never rooted, but want to root my gf's Nook Color and want to practice on something thats much easier...plus... IT's TIME!!!

Just a few questions here.

1. Will I be able to keep using the wifi hotspot free with T-Mo?
    2. How long should I expect this to take?
    3. Who's willing to help? lol.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1. Will I be able to keep using the wifi hotspot free with T-Mo?
    Yes, at least I still have it.:D

2. How long should I expect this to take?
    Assuming you have all your files ect... ready to go, no more than 30 minutes IMO
    (that's with rooting and loading CyanogenMod).

3. Who's willing to help? lol.
    Just post up questions, peoples here pretty helpful. Search feature here is pretty good, should answer most questions.

Good read
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Nexus_One
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

The latest (v.19 today) Gingerbread AOSP build by Micromod777 is awesome. I tried to go back to CyanogenMOD today but after 20 mins of use, I got frustrated with the outdated feel of the user interface and ended up going back to the Gingerbread ROM!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Thanks baseballfanz. I don't see a search function for this forum. I know there were several threads which could benefit me. going to go for it tomorrow.

Hey dude glad your joining the dark side and I'm interested on what method of root you would like to use cause there is the superoneclick one that is pretty easy but also if you want you can unlock the bootloader both are about as easy the only thing though is that if you unlock the bootloader you will void your warranty (assuming there is much left on it) and you will lose all your data though the other thing is that you will have access to fastboot which is safer for flashing radios and can be used for other things. But if you want you can do both, root via superoneclick now and unlock the bootloader later.

Anyway you were asking where you could find help well you can check the development and hacking section, ask on this thread, and if you want you can even pm me cause I recently rooted and I know a few threads that might be able to help you and can even walk you through it if you want although if you want to do that tomorrow I won't really be of much help sorry.

dude,

Which CMod are you going to try. I think 6.1 RC2 is last stable rom:

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Be aware if you aren't it doesn't include gapps. Need to dl thier latest in their dl's section. I haven't used CM for awhile so don't know if you can dl 6.1 and a newer gapps with new Market or just upgrade after flashing their lastest rom/gapps.

A great sense rom is Micro's HD Desire, very stable and includes all. None are any easier or harder to flash.

It's his 1.6 Super Hybrid:

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Another favorite is MIUI from China, I like it a lot too:

Just navigate to Forums/Nexus One, you flash the Chinese version then the latest English Pack, if applicable for you:

MIUI Developers - Welcome to MIUI Developers

These are the 3 best IMHO and if you like Cyan, CM7 (Gingerbread CM version) will soon be out as a beta.

I vote for unlocking the bootloader and rooting, if you are into this stuff or will be, it give's more options thru fastboot (using SDK/ADB). A little more initial setup, but worth it. I think some one-click user's dl'd an OTA from Google and were unrooted. Not up on the details of it though.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks dude. My plans may have changed for today as my gf's PC is off kilter and I need to try to rescue all of her pics with acronis and put windows back on it.

Yes, the empire strikes back! r-o-o-o-o-o-t

You're going to enjoy it dude.

rugman,

I'm not sure. The first MOD I ever read about was Cyanogen and i don't know the difference between them. I'd like the Super hybrid version, but don't feel compelled if it's not stable yet. MIUI sounds very intriguing. I know one of the mods on here has touted it and it looks beautiful.

Probably go with Cyanogen first.

I'm not real thrilled about unlocking the bootloader just yet, but may do it anyway. Probably do one click first. As stated before, I want to root a nook as well, but think it's better to get some experience first. I have a Fender Mytouch that I'd like to root as well. Will probably do it before the nook.

Even if you plan on unlocking the bootloader, I would still do the superoneclick method first, so that you can back up your data and settings, etc...

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links