Newbie needs apps, but n-o-o-o-o!!!

This is a discussion on Newbie needs apps, but n-o-o-o-o!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Oxente Originally Posted by WERA689 Easy. Settings>Applications>Unknown sources--check the box and try again. Way cool! Thanks! Got any idea why everything i ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Newbie needs apps, but n-o-o-o-o!!!

  1. #11
    Member Oxente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxente View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Easy. Settings>Applications>Unknown sources--check the box and try again.
    Way cool! Thanks!
    Got any idea why everything i try results in the "Market unexpectedly closed" message? Might i someday learn a way to use Market?

  2. #12
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    Hey if I were you I would give factory reseting a try since you don't have apps from the market anyway you don't have much to lose. Right?

  3. #13
    Android Lurker dudedidtheplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    I agree. Do a factory reset.

    It appears you have numerous problems to fix. Then get on your computer and take a look at the manual online. It's a pdf. I actually did it on my phone and downloaded it straight to my sd card and it's there to answer my questions. Of course this forum is a godsend a well!

  4. #14
    Member Oxente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Easy. Settings>Applications>Unknown sources--check the box and try again.
    This worked; I downloaded Winamp, but then had to figure ot how to get it to install. (Can't remember now how I did!) However, I can't download Pandora today. The unknown sources box is checked, but I just get the message about Market closing unexpectedly.

    Any ideas?

  5. #15
    Member Oxente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Easy. Settings>Applications>Unknown sources--check the box and try again.
    Worked for downloading Winamp, but would not work again when I tried to get other apps. Back to the old "Market closed unexpectedly" message. Any ideas?

  6. #16
    Member Oxente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Hey if I were you I would give factory reseting a try since you don't have apps from the market anyway you don't have much to lose. Right?
    Not really... I bought the phone from a dude who has many nifty programs already in use. I'd hate to lose them and go back to factory settings...

    Nexus One, Android version 2.2.1,CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC2-N1

  7. #17
    Member Oxente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I agree. Do a factory reset.

    It appears you have numerous problems to fix. Then get on your computer and take a look at the manual online. It's a pdf. I actually did it on my phone and downloaded it straight to my sd card and it's there to answer my questions. Of course this forum is a godsend a well!
    You're right about this forum and the manual... been looking for help there, too! It's on my laptop.

  8. #18
    Android Lurker dudedidtheplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    Not sure what the "nifty" programs you are running are, but my guess is many can be saved onto your laptop or if they are on you SD backed up. When i did a factory reset I was amazed at how many of my apps were there on first boot. Nearly all.

  9. #19
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxente View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Hey if I were you I would give factory reseting a try since you don't have apps from the market anyway you don't have much to lose. Right?
    Not really... I bought the phone from a dude who has many nifty programs already in use. I'd hate to lose them and go back to factory settings...

    Nexus One, Android version 2.2.1,CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC2-N1
    Ah the wonderful word of rooting ok well we just solved our problem I think. But is a little more complicated than you would think first I just want to know how much you know about rooting and flashing ROMs? Because that is how we are going to solve this. And don’t worry there is just about at 99% chance that this will fix it.

    EDIt: btw when you have a rooted phone it is good to mention that for things like issues because they can be caused by something related to your rooted phone.

  10. #20
    Member Oxente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    32
    Dude Random21 Ah the wonderful word of rooting ok well we just solved our problem I think. But is a little more complicated than you would think first I just want to know how much you know about rooting and flashing ROMs? Because that is how we are going to solve this. And don’t worry there is just about at 99% chance that this will fix it.

    EDIt: btw when you have a rooted phone it is good to mention that for things like issues because they can be caused by something related to your rooted phone.


    DudeR21, I see your point! I'd like to have a signature with that info in it. Is that a thing that cn be done using the forum? Something like:

    Oxente - Nexus One, Android version 2.2.1,CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC2-N1, Kernel 2.6.35.8

    P.S. This phone was rooted by the guy I bought it from. I have zero experience in that area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum