Android 2.4 "Ice Cream" comming out this Summer!

This is a discussion on Android 2.4 "Ice Cream" comming out this Summer! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Google will release the next version of its mobile phone operating system, Android 2.4, in the summer, Pocket-lint has learnt. According to multiple sources familiar ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.4 "Ice Cream" comming out this Summer!

Android 2.4 "Ice Cream" comming out this Summer!

Google will release the next version of its mobile phone operating system, Android 2.4, in the summer, Pocket-lint has learnt.
    According to multiple sources familiar with the matter, Android 2.4, otherwise known as Ice Cream, is set for a June/July timeframe this year with an announcement expected at the company’s IO conference at the beginning of May in San Francisco.
    The news comes as a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, supposedly running the yet-to-be-announced mobile OS, was found on the show floor at CES.
    Although Sony Ericsson has told Pocket-lint that this was owing to a software corruption issue on the device rather than it actually running Android 2.4, our sources have confirmed that the new OS is coming, and coming in the not-too-distant future.
    Ice Cream follows on the back of the launch of Donut (D), Eclair (E), Froyo (F), Gingerbread (G) and Honeycomb (H) with the next iteration in the list of releases Ice Cream (I).
    Google has previously said that it was slowing down the timeline for Android, focusing on two major updates a year. With Gingerbread announced in December and Honeycomb in January, a June timeframe fits that ethos.
    While those good at maths will realise that it does bring up the tally to three in the last 6 months, many experts we’ve talked to at CES in Las Vegas believe that Honeycomb, although not officially the company’s tablet OS, is unlikely to make it onto mobile phones, instead staying on devices like the Motorola Xoom, again giving us more pieces of the jigsaw to place.
    Unfortunately, when we asked our sources to go on the record, there was more seat shifting than on the Underground at rush hour.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Here I am still waiting for gingerbread, sigh.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Even more speculations ... sigh

sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk (probably in my bus)

I can't wait for Jello to come out (2.5)

I heard 2.6 will be Sundae. But just having 2.3 would be the cherry...

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    I heard 2.6 will be Sundae. But just having 2.3 would be the cherry...

how would we jump from i to s in three versions? punch whoever told you that
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I will bet money that 2.6 will be "Kiwi"
    You heard it here (From me) first folks.

How can Ice Cream Sandwich be 2.4 when Honeycomb is 3.0? Why would they go backwards??

Johnny Cizzle : I was playing a word game and being sarcastic ... d'uh

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    How can Ice Cream Sandwich be 2.4 when Honeycomb is 3.0? Why would they go backwards??
    Because I think they are going to split tablet and superphone right down the middle and have the 3s in tablets and the 2s in phones. The only problem with doing that is what will come after 2.9...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links