Will the next Nexus be from Motorola?

This is a discussion on Will the next Nexus be from Motorola? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just got a tweet with this link. [Blind item] Next Nexus will be Motorola - Android Forums...

Thread: Will the next Nexus be from Motorola?

Will the next Nexus be from Motorola?

Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Interesting...

I like the comment by the skeptic though, about him not seeing motorola releasing a phone without their moto-blur UI. I kind of agree, but perhaps the opportunity to have the sales prestige (and updates) of a pure google phone will overcome this.

I think this is just a guess because of all the amassing phones that were announced by Motorola at ces as well as the fact that Google are going through all the top manufacturers for the nexus phones so ya it would make sense.

I reckon the next Dev phone will be from Motorola, the curve seems to be the same, Google tasks one of the big dogs to create its next phone in return they can create a similar phone but branded how they please. Think about it when HTC made the N1 we then saw the release of the HTC desire (HTC branded N1) now we have shifted to Samsung with the NS and Samsung are releasing a phone "Similar" to the NS (according to Engadget). This theme of google allowing the use of their framework after release so Motorola creating the next Google dev phone and then releasing a Moto branded clone featuring anything they want seems to be the path.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Motorola supposed to be coming out with a nice Tablet. The title of the thread linked says, "...the next Nexus..." Soooo maybe the Nexus Tablet will be Motorola. It actually kind of makes sense since Honeycomb is coming out soon.

I have said that a few times that it is a bit of a coincidence that a tablet happens to planned for the same time as Honeycomb? but saying that if they have asked Moto to create their first tablet would they ask for them to also create their next phone? maybe we will be getting yet another company to create the N3?
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I've often thought that my next phone will be a Nexus(?) because I love the N1, but I'm not sure I want a motorola unless the manage to put a super amoled screen on it. Even then, I'm not a fan of moto.

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Interesting...

I like the comment by the skeptic though, about him not seeing motorola releasing a phone without their moto-blur UI. I kind of agree, but perhaps the opportunity to have the sales prestige (and updates) of a pure google phone will overcome this.
    i dont think sales prestige would be a reason. the n1 was a flop, and i dont know how the ns sales numbers are doing, but there hasnt been too much hype about it so i dont imagine it to have sold high numbers since it didnt have a lot of advertising

Im not a fan of Motorola, but they sure are an upgrade from Samsung. I cant wait to see what the new Nexus will be about! Im also looking forward to HTC making another Nexus as well.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links