So what next

This is a discussion on So what next within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Nobby I am personally waiting for the my Adam to arrive, i wont be moving to the NS but may move to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what next

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I am personally waiting for the my Adam to arrive, i wont be moving to the NS but may move to the next one depending on the new features and the developer.

what is an Adam?

The notion ink adam is a new android tablet with outstanding hardware, if all goes well it might replace my nexus and id it doesn't I will have two devices

Engraved using pure root!
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I'm going to wait for the Tegra 2 on TMO with 4G HSPA+...I know I am not getting the Nexus S that's for sure.

Well too soon for me. My plan was to keep the Nexus at least 2 years.. so I plan to skip the 2011 generation of phones. Even if that was not my plan, I dont see any reason to drop a pile of cash yet...

Now I am eyeing some tablets like the Asus Transformer. I will probably add a nice wifi only tablet to be paired with my hotstop this year.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Now that AT&T's exlcusivity deal with Apple is ending, they're more subject to high-end Android phones and CES definitely proved that. The Moto Atrix is a BEAST. Not a fan of Motorola in itself, but I give them credit with that little Bada**.

Although not a leader with its hardware, but can still be credited, is the HTC Inspire. Finally, AT&T has High-end Android phones ( Minus the Nexus One ).. I loved the EVO but hated Sprint, so with the HTC Inspire being almost identical, definitely moved me in that direction.

However....Verizon's HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Bionic is.....Siiick. Anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Will be waiting for the Samung Infuse.
    Phone is great but....Ewwwww.. Touchwiz UI is such a turn off.
    I don't care for Touchwiz either, which is why I use Launcher Pro. It will go lovely with my Galaxy Tab. Samsung is definitely underrated.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGTO View Post
    What is your next phone going to be?
    Makes me feel dirty to say this but all of the problems that drove me away from the iPhone towards Android have now been fixed. So probably a white iPhone 5 (God I need a shower now)

The thing is I am always looking for single device that does EVERYTHING for me:
    1. Phone calls
    2. Netflix streaming with TV mirroring for full cable experience
    3. HID Bluetooth keyboard support with TV mirroring for full computer experience
    4. Wiimote/Emulator gaming with TV mirroring for full console experience
    5. Great camera
    6. Voice recording
    7. GPS directions (navigon app is cheap enough @ $17 on sale and doesn't need data with on board maps)
    8. Free texting with Google Voice app (Apple has now approved this)
    9. Music player
    10. Flashlight
    11. Pocket organizer

The 1st thing that keep the Nexus One from being my perfect device for me is the lack of TV mirroring for the full computer/game console/cable experience. The 2nd thing that keeps the Nexus One from being perfect is the lack of HID Bluetooth keyboard support. You can buy the $80 - 100 Freedom Pro Keyboard but it lags while typing and I already have an HID bluetooth keyboard and don't want to spend that much money for something that should be already included in Android.

The iPhone fulfills all of these technology needs for me (especially the TV mirroring) and while the Droid Bionic and LG Optimus coming out in 2011 will have the TV mirroring as well they won't have HID bluetooth keyboard support. Another few things that the iPhone has as advantages over Android to influence my decision would be:
    - Updates on time for everyone
    - Having a top phone of its category for at least 1 full year
    - Gets all of the good apps months before Android
    - Google also eliminated a big advantage of Android over iOS, the 24hr app return policy

What caused me to leave my iPhone 3gs before for the Nexus One was:
    - Google Voice app being rejected (now fixed by approval from Apple)
    - Lack of a cheap GPS option (now fixed with Navigon app)
    - Lack of multitasking (now fixed with iOS 4)
    - Lack of camera flash (now fixed with iPhone 4)
    - Lack of homescreen customization (now fixed with iOS 4)
    - Lack of removable battery (now easily replaced in iPhone 4)
    - Non-Att carrier (now fixed with Verizon iPhone)

The biggest thing that absolutely cannot be replaced is the savings that I have with the Nexus One by only paying $30/mo for 500 min and $10/mo for unlimited data on T-mobile

I'm just not sure yet if it is worth it to pay $30 extra per month ($40 that I'm now paying vs $70 that I would be paying for Verizon iPhone) for a device that does everything. But I guess that I can't keep the Nexus One forever and I will eventually have to pay this amount no matter what phone I eventually upgrade to so I probably just have to suck it up and pay for an all-in-one solution...
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

What would be your reasons for not getting the nexus s?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rklight View Post
    Well I had the Nexus S for about 10 days but returned it for 3 simple reasons:

1. T-mobile blocks web2go on the Nexus S and I'm not looking to pay an extra $20/mo and $240 per year for the same type of smartphone as my Nexus One ($10 data vs $30 data). If I have to pay more I'm going to go with Verizon who has more 3g coverage than anyone else.

2. Google is holding back the 2.3 update for a few months by request from Samsung so that the Nexus S has an advantage in sales. You don't see Apple holding back an iOS update from iPhone 3gs users just because they have a newer model and Google should be held to the same standard.

3. Nexus S feels like last years technology. It was the best Android phone of 2010 but we are in 2011 and I want next gen technology. As soon as you get a Nexus S you know that the hardware is going to be outdated in 1 - 2 months whereas with the iPhone you know you will have the top phone of its kind (and high resale value) for an entire year.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rklight View Post
    2. Google is holding back the 2.3 update for a few months by request from Samsung so that the Nexus S has an advantage in sales. You don't see Apple holding back an iOS update from iPhone 3gs users just because they have a newer model and Google should be held to the same standard.

do you have actual proof of this or is this just your guess?

Sony Ericsson ARC )
    I'm thinking of gettin it to my dad
    looks soooooo classy
    i just hope i can afford it
    for the next year, im sticking to my nexus one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links