So what next

This is a discussion on So what next within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; What is your next phone going to be? Anything on the horizon that catches your eye? No reason to ask other than chat in interested ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what next

So what next

What is your next phone going to be?

Anything on the horizon that catches your eye?

No reason to ask other than chat in interested to hear how people are going to go as inevitably they move on from nexus one.

I for one will run my N1 long after i have an upgrade. I will just run 2 or 3 phones at that point

Anyway I am not a motorola fan but damn that atrix looks frikin awesome!!!!

your thoughts?
    Oh how I long for the next CM7 on N1

hardware: Ne:nexusx:us One
    Recovery: Amon Ra 2.1.1 Jesusfreke
    Rom: CyanogenMod 6.1.1 stable.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I actually just got a Samsung focus to compare it to the N1. I've seen most other droids out there now and nothing really compares to the N1.

Being on AT&T it's easy enough to just swap cards for each phone.

So far after a couple weeks with the Focus, it's not bad. A lot more locked down than the N1. The UI is much better/smoother/faster. This really wasn't apparent at first until I used the Focus for a couple weeks, then switched back to my N1 because I Was travelling and wanted to use Google Navigation. It was apparent then how much smoother the transitioning on the UI is on the Focus compared to the N1.

But it's missing a lot of the basics that I took for granted with the N1.

The battery also seems to suck down faster... and it doesn't even have multitasking yet... so it will only get worse then. I may return it, but there's something about it I sort of like.

I even got booted from a W7P site for posting an honest review (and a little tussle with one of the admins there that obviously don't want anything negative about the W7P OS anywhere on their site... even if it's true)... What I do for the N1. lol... Still my favorite phone!

I'm holding out for the next dev phone (Nexus 2, Nexus X, whatever they call it) and hoping it has better construction (ie metal) than that hunk of plastic Samsung is making....not that I don't covet that super amoled screen!

I am personally waiting for the my Adam to arrive, i wont be moving to the NS but may move to the next one depending on the new features and the developer.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Defiantly going to try and get my hands on a moto atrix that phone looks awesome and it's actually going to officially be in Canada . Although don’t get me wrong even with a tegra two phone I'm still going to love and use my N1 just going to have another phone to play with

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Will be waiting for the Samung Infuse.
    Androidfied.

The atrix looks interesting, I'm just hoping they can hack Honeycomb to the device.

I don't even have any doubts cause I know that they will this device is going to be a big one so I think that there will be a bunch of ROMs cooked up for it I'm just hopping the computer part of the phone won't scare off some devs.

Now that AT&T's exlcusivity deal with Apple is ending, they're more subject to high-end Android phones and CES definitely proved that. The Moto Atrix is a BEAST. Not a fan of Motorola in itself, but I give them credit with that little Bada**.

Although not a leader with its hardware, but can still be credited, is the HTC Inspire. Finally, AT&T has High-end Android phones ( Minus the Nexus One ).. I loved the EVO but hated Sprint, so with the HTC Inspire being almost identical, definitely moved me in that direction.

However....Verizon's HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Bionic is.....Siiick. Anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Will be waiting for the Samung Infuse.
    Phone is great but....Ewwwww.. Touchwiz UI is such a turn off.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Yea I agree, that Thunderbolt looks Sick!

Wish it was droppin on TMO
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links