Root - Miui Rom

This is a discussion on Root - Miui Rom within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi Guys! I'm a noob and I want to root my Nexus One and install the Miui Rom! I didn't find a tutorial to guide ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Root - Miui Rom

Android Lurker Guilherme Aguiar's Avatar

Root - Miui Rom

Hi Guys!

I'm a noob and I want to root my Nexus One and install the Miui Rom!

I didn't find a tutorial to guide me in this installation process. Can anyone help me? Where can I find a tutorial or a installation guide?

Sorry for my english! I'm Brazilian!

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not an expert, but here are some helpful links. If you've never rooted, this forum has many people who can help. xda is a great source and so is wiki.

Video: How to Install MiUi ROM onto Your N1 or Desire | Google Nexus One Blog
    Guide: [GUIDE] ADB For Beginners (Setup, Use, and More!) - xda-developers

I can't find a wiki for it. Cyanagen has a wiki page that is quite nice.

If you haven't rooted, I highly recommend reading up on it. It is quite confusing and I'm very lucky to have had so many knowlegable people on this forum help me out. You might want to look thru my thread as well.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...dark-side.html

Thanks Dudewithaplan!!

I found a great rooting tutorial! You should read it! [Guide] The 100% Fool Proof Guide: STOCK N1 to ROOT to SENSE UI/CM (Android 2.1)! - xda-developers

Now I have to find a tutorial of Miui Rom installation... Do you know anyone?

Thanks!

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Guiba View Post
    Thanks Dudewithaplan!!

I found a great rooting tutorial! You should read it! [Guide] The 100% Fool Proof Guide: STOCK N1 to ROOT to SENSE UI/CM (Android 2.1)! - xda-developers

Now I have to find a tutorial of Miui Rom installation... Do you know anyone?

Thanks!
    The sdk looks a little bit different to that, so just watch for the differences...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    The sdk looks a little bit different to that, so just watch for the differences...

Diferences?? Which ones?

Thanks!

It's mostly how you find packages to install.

If you look at the first sdk screen shot in the thread, you'll see that the only thing you need to do is check the usb drivers in the left of the screen. Now, you have to select the install packages on the left, and a tree system appears on the right in which you have to find the drivers and also the platform tools...

It also places everything in separate folders, which is a pain to use when navigating with the cmd prompt...

That's why I did this...
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

If you look at the first sdk screen shot in the thread, you'll see that the only thing you need to do is check the usb drivers in the left of the screen. Now, you have to select the install packages on the left, and a tree system appears on the right in which you have to find the drivers and also the platform tools...

It also places everything in separate folders, which is a pain to use when navigating with the cmd prompt...

That's why I did this...

This was very helpful for me. I heighly recommend it.

That's why I did this...

Thanks a lot danger-rat!!! It' a great guide!

Does it work for Nexus One? Is it all the process to root the phone? Do you have a guide to install Rom?

Thanks!

Thanks Rugmankc!

I just have some doubts.

1) I read that is suggested to do the super-1-click root before the unlocking root. Is it true?
    2) I looking for sobe root guide and I found some, but they are diferents. Which one of this two is better? [GUIDE] ADB For Beginners (Setup, Use, and More!) - xda-developers or http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...l_Update_Guide
    3) If I root using the CyanogenMod guide, can I flash the Muiu Rom and the English pack?
    4) Which one is better? Stock Miui rom or RoDrIgUeZsTyLe™ MIUIMOD [v2.5.1]? What's the diference between them?
    5) How I update Miui Rom when a new version get released?

Thanks!

gui, My reply to your MIUI post:

1. The one click is easier, but if you do an OTA from Google it will unroot you, or at least it did before. No matter, these devs come out quickly with hacked new versions for the N1 quicker than Google will. IE GB roms like Micro and Fitz and soon Cyan CM7 builds. Unlocked more difficult as needing to set up SDK. But, dudewithaplan just did it, thanks to danger-rat and others.

2. I think the XDA wiki N1 root guide is pretty good, may have more than needed. But, will get you there, I used it.

3. Doesn't matter how you root, all roms flash from recovery the same way. Only difference is some don't include gapps and programs like Drak Tremor that help you move apps to sdext. After rooted, I would repartiiton your sd card to ext3 swap 0. Do 1gb if you have a big enough card or 512mb if not. Before you flash roms, get use to you rooted phone and Titanium Backup. You want TB for app mgt, so learn how to use it first and how to boot into recovery and navigate thru it.

4. I like MIUI-DEV and Micro's HD-Desire roms: [ROM] MM's SuperHybrid (v2.14 Desire) & HD-Desire v1.6 12/23/10 - xda-developers. Micro's has gapps and auto a2sd, but requires a 1gb ext3. Read these thread's OP pages fully and the last 20 pages of the thread for tips and issues. You are using hacked roms and will have issues you need to know how to get out of.

5. If ugrading to new MIUI, or any rom, unless directed differently in op page, from the previous version, usually you can just wipe dalvki-cache and cache. If problems, then full wipe. Again, read op page for that info and by reading last 20 pages or so, that will help too.

I would start with (after backing up unrooted phone with MyBackUp Pro and bu sd card) Rom Mgr from Market. You can then flash ClockworkMod thru it and also thru it flash latest Amon_Ra recovery if you want to try it. I use Amon_Ra. Only one recovery at a time. Go to those threads also in XDA and read up on them. I also use Quick boot from Market to boot into recovery, as opposed to doing it thru Rom Mgr. And I always buy paid versions of these apps. After flashing a rom and initial set up. Do a full backup thru recovery. I even copy them to my pc along with periodic sd card bu's to pc. You never know when you lose it and need to repartition.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links