Backing up and getting ready for new ROM

This is a discussion on Backing up and getting ready for new ROM within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, as the release of CM7 is coming up soon I'm getting ready for it by reading up as much as I can. Currently I ...

Thread: Backing up and getting ready for new ROM

Backing up and getting ready for new ROM

So, as the release of CM7 is coming up soon I'm getting ready for it by reading up as much as I can.

Currently I have my N1 with the latest CM6.

My main question is on backup and keeping my stuff, I have the Backup pro application with I can use to backup all apk's and data. After I update the rom I'm guessing a restore will get my apps back, will it keep settings? For example I use settings profile, should I back it up separately or should the mybackup app take of that as well?

Another question is my Launcher Pro, Should I back it up separately or will the backup from mybackup keep it's settings in place?

Either way I will do a Nandroid backup so I have an image of what I currently have.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
    So, as the release of CM7 is coming up soon I'm getting ready for it by reading up as much as I can.

Currently I have my N1 with the latest CM6.

My main question is on backup and keeping my stuff, I have the Backup pro application with I can use to backup all apk's and data. After I update the rom I'm guessing a restore will get my apps back, will it keep settings? For example I use settings profile, should I back it up separately or should the mybackup app take of that as well?

Another question is my Launcher Pro, Should I back it up separately or will the backup from mybackup keep it's settings in place?

Either way I will do a Nandroid backup so I have an image of what I currently have.
    Hi. I cant tell about Backup pro because I have never used it and perhaps another member has it and can give you some insight on it.

I am uncertain if you can just wipe cache/dalvik when going from CM6 to CM7. Sometimes when just updating the same rom you can do this and it saves you the trouble of having to lose all of your stuff. I would still do a nand backup either way. You will have to read on CM to see what is advised.

If CM recommends doing a complete wipe coming from CM6 to CM7 I personally would:
    1. Do a nand backup like you said
    2. Use Titanium backup as it backs up all of my apps (backup pro if it does the same)
    3. Back up Launcher Pro separately under the preferences (if you do a full wipe and dont do this you will have to re-do all of your LP screens).

Have a good one. If I misquoted I am sure some other member will correct me.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

I just backed up all my apps & data on Titanium Backup and did the regular nandroid backup from RomManager. Everything including launcherpro settings are intact now on CM7.1...

Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    I just backed up all my apps & data on Titanium Backup and did the regular nandroid backup from RomManager. Everything including launcherpro settings are intact now on CM7.1...
    Good to know, thanks! I don't think I want to try it until it's stable though

Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    Did you download the nightly cm7 build from rom manager and just installed in rom manager?

I use MyBackUp Pro mainly for Home Screens and Settings and Bookmarks etc.

Titanium does all the apps, best there is. When you restore apps thru Titanium, just do apps, NO System Data. Will give you problems.

Nandroid--YES and still do Titanium for app management

On restore, go back and check Titanium for all apps up to date and especially after flashing a new Rom.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The flash went fine, I didn't wipe the phone and clear the cache and all my apps and settings were intact...

The only problem is gapps didn't work(they all force closed on start) so I went back to CM6..

One more comment, when I come back to the fresh ROM the market just starts installing everything..

How can I stop that from happening but at the same time get mybackup pro installed and have it do a restore?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links