What's the best app for viewing videos in various formats?

This is a discussion on What's the best app for viewing videos in various formats? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I heard VPlayer was the best a month or 2 ago, and when I read the description the developer said the app would remain "free ...

Thread: What's the best app for viewing videos in various formats?

What's the best app for viewing videos in various formats?

I heard VPlayer was the best a month or 2 ago, and when I read the description the developer said the app would remain "free forever". I never got the chance to actually try it on a video my phone (Nexus One) doesn't already support. After a few updates, the app now says my free trial is over and I have to pay, and I didn't even test it yet.

Whether VPlayer does work or not, I would prefer to not support a lying developer if possible. The way I heard it, he claimed it would be free forever so lots of people would support his app by sending him emails about problems with the app and how to improve upon it, then he suddenly changed the app from free to pay after he felt it was working well enough.

Anyway back to the main point.

What's the best application for viewing videos in various formats on your android phone? Not having to run all your videos through a converter every single time would be amazing and fantastic.

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How about rock player?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    How about rock player?
    I agree with you. I did upgrade to the MyTouch 4G, great phone but I'm still using my Nexus One every day. Nothing feels as good in the hand as the Nexus One. I'm in a strong HSPA+ area and my N1 is kick ass fast, getting over 5mb DL and my upload is a steady 1.4mb. What a joy to use with those speeds.
    PS those speeds are during peek hours.

HTC + GOOGLE = GREAT DEVICE

I read somewhere that VLC media player is supposed to be coming to android near the end of the month. That would be my choice if it actually makes it to the market. Might want to be on the lookout for it.

I just downloaded QQPlayer so I could play some .avi files. It seems to work fine.

It has the store on SD card functionality built in, and takes 4.34 MB of internal memory when stored on SD.

Rock player rocks

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Rock Player is pretty good. I got it when it was a free beta and although the latest version does look a bit sharper, $10 is too expensive for me so I'm sticking with the older version.

I paid for Act 1 way back on my first gen MT3G, the license transfered over to my N1 just fine. The app is updated constantly, more so than any other Android app I have any experience with. I get multiple aspect ratio options including full screen, I get thumbnail previews. I get gesture control over everything I want to do. Way better than stock.

Best $1.99 I ever spent.

I use VLC on all my PCs, I'll be interested in seeing how well the Android release works for me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links