Apps on Storage for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Apps on Storage for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, I have searched alot but did not find a reasonable answer to my question, and still have some confusion. I have Nexus one ...

Thread: Apps on Storage for Nexus One

Apps on Storage for Nexus One

Hi All,

I have searched alot but did not find a reasonable answer to my question, and still have some confusion.

I have Nexus one with stock rom unrooted. and i used the adb shell command setInstallLocation 2 to force all my apps to be installed to the SD Card.

AFAK, still not all the apps data installed in the storage card, but what happen is the application itself installed in the SD and all its information still installed into the internal memeor. I am suffering from low free space on my internal storage right now only 25 MB.

Through my search i have seen some apps for partitioning your SD Card, and moving all your apps to it.

My Question is ,

Is there anyway to do this with unrooted phone, as i do not want to root my phone. If yes, please send me some guides or links to read.

If no, and i have to root my phone, can i root my phone and still use the stock rom and have this feature, or i have to use a custome rom.

Thanks for all

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Me too. i am new with Nexus 1 and download some apps it can only save in internal storage. this is very frustrated. now it is getting low on the memory. it is useless even they said you can expand to 32gb. May be something like nexus s all in one. i am not an expert on these thing. try all apps but some still stay in the internal drive. help

I believe there is a guide for that somewhere but I'm not sure if it works or not and plus it is only apps to SD not apps to EXT which is better because it is treated as internal storage but apps to SD sometimes has force close problems and such. So I think it would be better to root and use darktremor app2EXT but that is just me. Also forgot to say you can keep a stock rooted ROM if you want but once you try cyanogen you will not want to go back trust me

thaks alot for your reply it was a helpful one to start on rooting my device, i just wait to get a bigger storage card to start the applications move.

you wont regret it my friend

Ya ipeck is definatly right having a rooted phone rocks

The only thing I want to meanchon about the EXT thing is that to get it you need to partition your SD card and that will wipe it so backup before you do it. Also read up as much as you can before making any changes to your phone

WoooooW, i used this unroot my device then installed a non stock rom with a2sd, it is amazing issue.

here is the steps i followed.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636795

Thanks alot guys for all the clarifications.

app2ext

Quote Originally Posted by gwassef View Post
    WoooooW, i used this unroot my device then installed a non stock rom with a2sd, it is amazing issue.

here is the steps i followed.
    [Guide] The 100% Fool Proof Guide: STOCK N1 to ROOT to SENSE UI/CM (Android 2.1)! - xda-developers

Thanks alot guys for all the clarifications.

I don't think you need to unlock the Boot-loader to install different ROM.

How did you make App2ext work on your phone? apart from the application included in the new flashed ROM :-)

Thanks

You don't need to unlock the bootloader to flash a new ROM.

That guide is also way out of date. You may notice that the sdk looks nothing like that anymore, and the files won't be where you expect to find them...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You don't need to unlock the bootloader to flash a new ROM.

That guide is also way out of date. You may notice that the sdk looks nothing like that anymore, and the files won't be where you expect to find them...

It was included in the rom I selected, I just activated it using a2sd commands that were mentioned in the XDA forums

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links