Regret unlocking Bootloader?

This is a discussion on Regret unlocking Bootloader? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I do't regret it. I thought it was pretty simple and the community is always here to help....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regret unlocking Bootloader?

I do't regret it. I thought it was pretty simple and the community is always here to help.

Hey Rob,

Congrats and enjoy

Good to here from someone who got thru it by reading and gathering info, good job
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

it depends how nervous you are about breaking the phone. I wanted to get the most out of my nexus, so decided to root months ago by unlocking bootloader, process wasn't that hard. I did make sure I had a good case for the phone (otterbox commuter), scratch resistant screen protector etc. I'm quite careful with the phone anyway, but extra peace of mind always helps.

I don't regret it one bit. I've got so much out of the phone than if I'd just stayed on stock (something Aseems is probably enjoying now).

two more reasons why I'm not too fussed about unlocking the bootloader:

1. I got mobile phone insurance for the nexus, free with my banks package. they aren't worried about unlocking etc, if I lose/damage my phone they will send me a replacement. I only have to pay a 40 charge for this privilege.

2. I have no doubt that the replacement phones we will get in the future, whether from warranties or after market insurance companies, will NOT be nexus ones. we will probably get something like the htc desire, as it is similar. but there can't be that many nexus ones floating about anymore, to be replaced on warranty if needed. spares perhaps, but if you need a replacement phone don't hold your breath.

p.s - this is only my opinion, if anyone has some different facts about nexus one stock, feel free to contradict me!

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    2. I have no doubt that the replacement phones we will get in the future, whether from warranties or after market insurance companies, will NOT be nexus ones. we will probably get something like the htc desire, as it is similar. but there can't be that many nexus ones floating about anymore, to be replaced on warranty if needed. spares perhaps, but if you need a replacement phone don't hold your breath.
    I thought they were still selling it as a developer phone with no service?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Oh yeah!

Thank you floogle old chum !

I was on CM 6.1.1 using danger-rat's AWESOME SIMPLE POST (stickied on popular demand by WERA689), then I got greedy and broke my phone with a gbread rom, but thanks to our emperor sliceburgslim guidance and with beer goggles suggestions, I'm running CM 6.1.0 RC1 (has better battery life)

Rugmankc had also suggested a ROM, but I'm cruising on CYANOGEN for now... Drooling for CM7!

It's true, I'm not an android virgin anymore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links