Regret unlocking Bootloader?

This is a discussion on Regret unlocking Bootloader? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Also posted on xda. Hey guys, With All this Warranty talk, the people who unlocked your bootloader. Do you regret it? Was the warranty worth ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regret unlocking Bootloader?

Regret unlocking Bootloader?

Also posted on xda.

Hey guys,

With All this Warranty talk, the people who unlocked your bootloader. Do you regret it? Was the warranty worth sacrificing for custom roms? I want to unlock it but at the same time I keep getting these paranoid thoughts that I'm gonna need the warranty later on. WTF. Any help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you want to root but your paranoid about the warranty just use superoneclick that way you keep your bootloader intact and you can flash all the ROMs you want the only thing you don't have access to is fastboot that is what I did and I'm rocking cm6.1.1 so I can tell you it works.

Oh than what pros does unlocking the bootloader actually bring?

Well unlocking the bootloader does give you access to fastboot which is safer for flashing radios and can be used for a few things but pretty much everything is saved into .zip files now so there is no real big problem there. But unlocking the bootloader used to be the only way to root your phone but then there was newer ways that save your bootloader and your warranty like superoneclick and universal androot depending on what version of android you have.

I was used to easily jailbreaking the iPhone and if anything went wrong you could plug it into iTunes and press restore so I figured I could handle rooting / flashing roms and radios: Big Mistake

Will never root again personally. Just too complicated without seeing a youtube video like you can with jailbreaking an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Uh... ap3604 I don't know what you mean by it was so hard but from my personal experience I can say that the hardest part of rooting is instaling the android SDK which there is a guide on this forum to do that in the development and hacking section so there is really nothing hard about rooting. Because after that to unlock the bootloader you need to be able to type fastboot oem unlock then your bootloader is unlocked then you need to double click one file and your rooted. And if you want to use superoneclick then all you need to do is click root on you computer and sometimes togle usb debugging on and off.

+1 on dudes comments

with all the zips now, fastboot is really not needed. Do it ll thru terminal Emulator. i am no techy. i have been rooted for nine months and only installed the SDK to root and have not used it since. i flash weekly if not more, now that i am back on CM7 nightlies.

i looked at videos on iphone to jailbreak/unlock to change carriers on a 3g my older son gave to his brother. very confusing with the different versions and terminology. so, I guess it is all just getting use to it for either phone.

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Fastboot may save you when everything else fails, but you can always unlock your bootloader at that point, anyway...

Just remember that unlocking will wipe your phone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Not to misinterpret my post, I still think SDK is the way to go.

But, can be frustrating for some and turn them off, was for me
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I waited almost a year to do it and finally got tired of waiting for Gingerbread. Last week, I just followed the guides here, went the SDK route, unlocked, rooted and flashed CM 6.1.1. No fuss, no muss. So far, couldn't be happier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links