MicroUsb on Nexus one not standard?

This is a discussion on MicroUsb on Nexus one not standard? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought my N1 without a charger so I am using my blackberry charger/usb cable. It seems the charger doesn't go all the way into ...

Thread: MicroUsb on Nexus one not standard?

MicroUsb on Nexus one not standard?

I bought my N1 without a charger so I am using my blackberry charger/usb cable.

It seems the charger doesn't go all the way into the phone, it actually sticks out quite a but and is very easy to accidentally take off the charger, is the nexus one charger end shorter than a standard(blackberry) charger?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thats a hard question to answer, unless you had both cords in front of you to compare. Micro USB is a standard size but it's not surprising (to me) that a BB cord doesn't fit the N1 properly.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I actually use a BB charger and BB USB cord with no issues. You may want to check to see if your middle pins in the USB port are not bent.

It is a standard connector. I use one cable to connect my N1 and my Kindle to my computer.

I use my blackberry charger as well because I often travel abroad and I can pull the plug off and use a UK plug or European plug with no issues. Can't do that with the basic N1 charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    I use my blackberry charger as well because I often travel abroad and I can pull the plug off and use a UK plug or European plug with no issues. Can't do that with the basic N1 charger.
    You just need a simple shape/plug adapter for the N1 charger. The switching power supply itself is capable of 240V/50Hz.

I use the charger for my blackberry curve with no problems. I have one at my office desk and another one at home. I prefer those chargers to the N1 provided one as the BB chargers are less amperage and do not cause the battery to heat up as much as the N1 charger does.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links