New N1 Owner. Some concerns w/ Gmail on N1?

This is a discussion on New N1 Owner. Some concerns w/ Gmail on N1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by iPeck I dont use gmail. I setup my gmail in the email app *Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One I do ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New N1 Owner. Some concerns w/ Gmail on N1?

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    I dont use gmail. I setup my gmail in the email app

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One
    I do Just The Opposite!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Tried danger's suggestion earlier... But

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Ah people where saying that going into the app manager and force closing followed by a clear data will fix that problem but you will loose all data including the outgoing messages so make sure you have a copy
    This worked!
    Lol - my suggestion was for the guy who wanted to make sure his email wasn't bring hacked... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

mah
    Since you updated the ROM and did a wipe on the phone, you're very probably safe from whatever may have been on the device before you got it. If you want to be 100% safe you could first downgrade the ROM to the original shipping condition (not a simple process but there are directions to be found on the web), and then let the OTA updates take their course. In my opinion your risk of not performing that long process is minimal, so it comes down to how paranoid you are.

Actually I would advise against doing that because that would involve rolling back the hboot and a bunch of other things they will probably do more harm than good in this case so I would not do anything about the ROM except maybe flashing a new one if you want to root but not going to a previous version.

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    that would involve rolling back the hboot and a bunch of other things they will probably do more harm than good in this case
    I'm not advising his going through that either but for a different (and less serious) reason than yours. Can you provide references for what you're referring to with this? I've been through the ROM restoration process several times and never seen any problems myself.

Ok well for references I don't have any on hand but I could find some. I say it's a bad idea because on pretty much every xda post that talks about going back to a previous version (like past frf91 I believe but it may be going back behind frg83) says it will involve rolling back the hboot because in the frg83 ROM the hboot is upgraded to .35 and it says that if you roll your ROM back you will need to do the same with the hboot because or else you will risk bricking it. So if you’re going to send it back to éclair then I would roll the hboot back.

mah
    So what you're saying then is if you want to restore the ROM to original shipping condition (which was my 'if you're ultra paranoid, do this' suggestion) then you have to do not only the system image, but the full ROM (i.e., factory condition)?

The XDA instructions for restoring the nexus one to its shipping conditions are at [ROM] Original Shipping - Tutorial - xda-developers, which includes restoring not only system.img, but userdata.img and boot.img. Is boot.img the hboot which must be restored, or is this thread missing something?

I've followed this process (using fastboot, not the direct passimg.zip method mentioned at the bottom of the first post) 3 or 4 times on two different N1's, the most recent recovery was from a 2.2.1 image. Never had any trouble with the process and both phones (one with a locked bootloader, one unlocked) work fine.

I'm not 100% sure but yes I think the hboot was rolled back in this tutorial. But either way we are probably talking for nothing because I'm pretty sure the guy is not that paranoid and even if he is changing the ROM to any version will get pretty much everything off the phone and if there is still someone tracking him then the guy who had his phone before was a real hacker and he would have other ways to get that thing back on his phone but I don't think anyone would waste there time that much to do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links