Converting AT&T to T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Converting AT&T to T-Mobile within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by deel this makes sense. but just cutting an antenna in half to half the frequency sounds like a hack, so i was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting AT&T to T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    this makes sense. but just cutting an antenna in half to half the frequency sounds like a hack, so i was surprised that it would actually work.
    It actually doesn't work. When you cut the frequency in half, you double the wavelength, so the antenna (whether it's 1/8, 1/4 wavelength or whatever) would double in length, not halve. Your cordless phone used to have a long telescoping antenna, now it has a stub.

I think the first suggestion about cutting an antenna in half was intended as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    this makes sense. but just cutting an antenna in half to half the frequency sounds like a hack, so i was surprised that it would actually work.
    It actually doesn't work. When you cut the frequency in half, you double the wavelength, so the antenna (whether it's 1/8, 1/4 wavelength or whatever) would double in length, not halve. Your cordless phone used to have a long telescoping antenna, now it has a stub.

I think the first suggestion about cutting an antenna in half was intended as a joke.

oh yea, high school physics coming into play. yea, i thought it might be a joke, but you know sarcasm doesnt travel well over the internet, so i was thoroughly confused

If you're thinking about attempting to convert your AT&T N1 to T-Mo, please, PLEASE reconsider and just trade me phone-for-phone! I need an AT&T N1!!! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links