Sync Email

This is a discussion on Sync Email within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I use Thunderbird and the N1 with an IMAP email account. On the N1 I can find messages in my Inbox/Sent folder that I send ...

Thread: Sync Email

Sync Email

I use Thunderbird and the N1 with an IMAP email account. On the N1 I can find messages in my Inbox/Sent folder that I send from my laptop. And when I delete messages on my laptop, they are deleted when I look at my Inbox on the N1.

And messages that I send on the N1 are saved in my Sent folder.

But I can't find on my laptop messages that I send on my N1. And messages that I delete from my N1 Inbox are not deleted when I look at my Inbox on my laptop.

Any advice?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll have to split this up into a few different answers.

And when I delete messages on my laptop, they are deleted when I look at my Inbox on the N1.
    There are settings in Thunderbird (and WebMail) that can be changed to do different things when you delete a message. One of these settings allows for the deletion of messages from the source (aka yahoo) when you delete it in Thunderbird. Thus it would not appear on your phone.

And messages that I delete from my N1 Inbox are not deleted when I look at my Inbox on my laptop.
    This is because messages in Thunderbird are probably being downloaded instead of synced as opposed to your phone.

And messages that I send on the N1 are saved in my Sent folder.
    It's possible Thunderbird is only downloading messages from your inbox. Make sure it syncs the send (outbox) folder as well.

Last comments: You may also need to tweak the settings of the email service you are using. Settings and privileges can be very different between Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.

Thanks

You said, "...messages in Thunderbird are probably being downloaded instead of synced..." I agree but I don't know how to sync them.

I'll consult with my email service. Thanks for the suggestion.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links