That "I need a new phone" itch

This is a discussion on That "I need a new phone" itch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have that itch now... Im waiting for the HTC Pyramid on T-Mobile... its supposed to be the same as the HTC Thunderbolt and HTC ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That "I need a new phone" itch

I have that itch now... Im waiting for the HTC Pyramid on T-Mobile... its supposed to be the same as the HTC Thunderbolt and HTC Evo... 4.3 inch screen, qHD display, 1.2ghz Dual Core processor. etc

oh and HSPA+

I believe many of us n1 users simply love the pure android experience and the ease of rooting. When I saw my colleague's Samsung Galaxy S, well its a turn off. Nexus S is a disappointment so I'm hoping for a super mega Google Phone after Nexus S, hopefully won't disappoint me.

So I will still hold onto my Nexus One and till then..............

I am with Sxnook321. If the HTC Pyramid does come to TMo. with the rumored specs I will look very hard at it. I dont particularly like the idea of having a Tmo phone and would rather another Google experience phone. If I did get the rumored Pyramid I would root it as soon as possible.

After seeing the Nexus S I am not very confident that Google will put out another great phone like the N1 or any time soon if they do at all. In my view Google is behind the curve for putting out a dual core phone as they just put out the NS. It would take time for Google to come up with a dual core phone and by then other companies would have control of the dual core market.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    I am with Sxnook321. If the HTC Pyramid does come to TMo. with the rumored specs I will look very hard at it. I dont particularly like the idea of having a Tmo phone and would rather another Google experience phone. If I did get the rumored Pyramid I would root it as soon as possible.

After seeing the Nexus S I am not very confident that Google will put out another great phone like the N1 or any time soon if they do at all. In my view Google is behind the curve for putting out a dual core phone as they just put out the NS. It would take time for Google to come up with a dual core phone and by then other companies would have control of the dual core market.
    You know, I really don't understand what the purpose of the Nexus S was???

Given their history, they should know they can't compete unless they have a phone with earth shaking specs. The NS isn't THAT much better than the N1, and certainly not better than the competition. The only real breakthrough feature is the NFC. The only other reason might be Gingerbread promotion, but we can all see where that went. Seems to me they, ummm, suffered some issues with "prematurity" with the release of the NS.

But, I still love my N1, it does everything I need right now. For me, the advantage of having a Google phone outweighs any performance gains I'm seeing right now in any other phones.

Call me crazy but I think thats why us N1 owners dont have gingerbread yet. Since Google is promoting Gingerbread on the NS then they want you to buy that phone if you want the Gingerbread experience... Google knows EXACTLY what they are doing...

Well I can say this. The itch to get one of those dual core phones is not so great after hearing a rumored price of $749 off contract for the HTC Thunderbolt. If the pyramid comes out with a price like that Tmo and HTC can keep it!
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

We will see... Ive been due for an upgrade from t-mobile since 2009 so I will upgrade to the Pyramid...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post

You know, I really don't understand what the purpose of the Nexus S was???

Given their history, they should know they can't compete unless they have a phone with earth shaking specs. The NS isn't THAT much better than the N1, and certainly not better than the competition. The only real breakthrough feature is the NFC. The only other reason might be Gingerbread promotion, but we can all see where that went. Seems to me they, ummm, suffered some issues with "prematurity" with the release of the NS.

But, I still love my N1, it does everything I need right now. For me, the advantage of having a Google phone outweighs any performance gains I'm seeing right now in any other phones.
    You're partially correct on both points. I think they want us to buy the NS because of Gingerbread, but now we see it coming in other phones, so it's only a secondary reason.

NFC Chip is the main reason for the NS. They wanted to get it in the hands of developers ASAP. What better way than to release a new Nexus phone that's not a Nexus II? Google saw NFC as the wave of the future, and they may well be correct. After all the chip is rumored to be on the next gen of apple mobile products. What Google wanted to do was get ahead of apple in something and NFC seemed like a great move. My guess is it may payoff for them as I'm sure there are devs working feverishly to come up with new uses for it.

Again they used Gingerbread and NFC as a crrot to get devs to buy the phone. I have no idea how sales of the Nexus S have gone, but my guess is that it's only been moderately better than the sales of our beloved N1.

Given the rummored specs of the pyramid, i will be looking at that phone. i had a G1 and liked the interface. HTC seems to leave android pretty simple.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links