That "I need a new phone" itch

This is a discussion on That "I need a new phone" itch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i like the look of the xperia arc,possibly get that if my n1 gets lost,atolen broken or sold...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: That "I need a new phone" itch

i like the look of the xperia arc,possibly get that if my n1 gets lost,atolen broken or sold
    my other phone's a nexus too

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    How about the HTC pyramid?
    Yep, that's the one I now have my eye on. Love HTC.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I took the plunge y'all and ended up getting the HTC Inspire 4G

Man I'm loving this HTC Inspire 4g. It's more a side step than a true upgrade. It's like an Evo without the Front Facing Camera. It's really the HTC Desire HD and the first phone to feature htcsense.com cloud in the US market. I never liked Sense UI but I do this new one. Phone is real slick. I know the Motorola Atrix and Samsung Infuse are coming with better specs and Front Facing Camera, but the more I thought about the more I realized some of the specs in these new phones aren't needed b/c I have the tablet. I don't use video chat really and have that on my tablet. I figured all I wanted was a bigger screen. This does have Dolby Surround Sound and SRS Wow HD. As far as the Dual Core coming out, Nvidia is already working on Quad Core processors and will be available Summertime with phones having them end of year. So I think I'm gonna skip over the Dual Cores craze. Plus I want to resimplify my phone. Use my tablet for my other uses.

I'm debating about selling my N1. It has sentimental value and some of the things lacking in a carrier branded phone is so obvious.
    Androidfied.

some of the things lacking in a carrier branded phone is so obvious.
    Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    some of the things lacking in a carrier branded phone is so obvious.
    Like what?
    The norm. Side loading disabled. No Google tethering. Bloatware
    Androidfied.

Agreed, Truth. I'm getting an Atrix, but I'm keeping the Nexus! I'll be damned if I'll pay ATT for tethering, when it's built in to Android and the N1! So, a second line is the answer, and I'll have TWO kick arse phones! :D

+1 for the atrix

Although for the tethering thing can't you just root it and enable that feature?

Well, now that we know that the Atrix can be rooted, yeah; but why should I have to?
    I hate the carriers locking out features and selling them back to us!

I personally do not get certain aspects of the Atrix - namely using it everywhere including on a laptop dock. Why would you use the slowest and most limited cpu/chipset in your arsenal when you have others? That is, all mobile devices but phones/tablets especially are biased completely for energy savings ( battery life) to the detriment of everything else ( raw cpu speed, file transfer, graphics, sound , connectivity) - this all makes perfect sense if there is not electric plug around but if you have one by your desk - it is the worst choice you can make. Also since one big reason you might want this is because you can have everything on your phone on your main system - well it is the age of the cloud ( gmail,gdocs,facebook,evernote) so everything is already on every device. So what is the benefit? Now I admittedly am a computer user meaning - I use my computer in powerful ways and would not want to have to wait or deal with below par graphics if I do not have too. So maybe for light users this makes sense - but I see it as a really dumb trend (ie. ipad - where for instance the computer music industry is making more and more ipad apps instead of DAW apps).

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Well, now that we know that the Atrix can be rooted, yeah; but why should I have to?
    I hate the carriers locking out features and selling them back to us!
    I CONCUR! I can't wait to delete this bloatware. I know on my Tab I found instructions on how to activate the disabled side load so I didn't have to use SideWonderMachine. I hope it can work on the HTC also.
    Androidfied.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links