That "I need a new phone" itch

This is a discussion on That "I need a new phone" itch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; OK, I bit the bullet and bought a Galaxy S II. It is incredible. Though I wish it had the solid feel of my Nexus, ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: That "I need a new phone" itch

OK, I bit the bullet and bought a Galaxy S II. It is incredible. Though I wish it had the solid feel of my Nexus, it's smoking fast, the screen is unbelievable and with Launcher Pro as the launcher, it feels like my Nexus from an interface perspective. The only real downside is the lack of CM7 for the time being. I miss all my customizations. I'll keep the N1 to play with and as a spare should something go wrong and, who knows, when the N3 comes out, maybe the GSII will find its way to Ebay.

Nice.. I bought the Samsung infuse. I love it.. sold my n1 and dock for $230 on ebay. Infuse cost me $150 with contract.. and unfortunately its the best phone I've ever owned. Love the larger screen and strong gpu

Quote Originally Posted by robsw View Post
    OK, I bit the bullet and bought a Galaxy S II. It is incredible.
    Wait, wait... AT&T version is not out yet. Did you get the unlocked version instead?

It's been available elsewhere in the world for a while now. For a change, we're the last in line

I want a new phone, but none so far have that well rounded appeal the N1 gave me originally.

I'd really like my next phone to at least have:
    * Metal body, personal preference, just makes it feel more robust and sturdy. Pity cause only HTC seems to be making good metal bodies. Samsung made nice bodies for the Omnia 7, but none for android phones
    * AMOLED screen (any variant newer than the N1), pentile doesn't really annoy me, but the SAMOLED on my mums galaxy s makes me slightly jealous.
    * Faster processor
    * LED notification. I'm sure NoLED on the AMOLED screeen look nice, but a small LED goes a long way.
    * larger internal storage :D

Basically, its a metal body galaxy s 2 ... I can wait, I think my laptop needs replacing more than my phone.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

As far as I can tell, the Galaxy S II is where it's at. I think this is what I'll be getting when it hits the Tmo network. I have enjoyed my N1 one for almost 2 years now. It was a huge leap in technology, but I have a few reasons now for me to justify the upgrade to the Galaxy S2... and here they are:

1. I'm sick of the low memory message on the N1 and I don't want to root. The S2 has 16GB internal!
    2. I'm ready to dump cable in favor of Jetflicks. I can't do this until I can get the video out of my phone. The S2 has HDMI out and DLNA. This feature is HUGE for me!
    3. Because I watch a lot of video, a bigger and nicer display is welcome.
    4. Front facing camera for Google Talk. This is may be more of a novelty right now, but my parent's have a Galaxy Tab 10.1, so I could see myself at least video chatting with them.
    5. And finally, It's time for me to make those Iphone chumps drool again.

Who's with me?

does anyone know if i can make my brand new Nexus S pre-paid?

Other than Galaxy SII and perhaps next Nexus phone I don't see anything exciting coming out on AT&T this year. *If* Nexus specs rumors are true then it's gonna be way too big for me. Matter of fact Galaxy SII is kind of pushing it size wise IMHO. One other thing that bugs me about SII is lack of notification light. I know there is an app/hack for that but it's not quite the same. So, I don't know. I'll probably have to see SII for myself before making a decision whether to upgrade or not. If not, I'll probably end up waiting til early next year. I don't have a pressing need to upgrade at the moment other than I'm getting tired of old N1.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebeinghers View Post
    What do you mean when you say "pre-paid"?

-Mike

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links