New With Questions

This is a discussion on New With Questions within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello. Iíve had my phone now for two months. Great phone! (Former Sidekick user) Well, I had to send it in because the power button ...

Thread: New With Questions

Question New With Questions

Hello.
    Iíve had my phone now for two months. Great phone! (Former Sidekick user) Well, I had to send it in because the power button went bad. Before I sent it back I was able to see a number inside my battery showing a percentage. I also was able to use the track ball to ďwake upĒ the phone. After I got it back, those options are gone! Where can I find them again?
    Please Advise,
    K

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First of all welcome to the forum

Your other phone must have been rooted and running cyanogen. Did you get the phone new or used? If you got it used and it was running cyanogen then you will need to root the new phone and flash cyanogen.

Thanks for the quick response!

I got it used. What is cyanogen and how do I root and flash?

cyanogen is a ROM that is bassed on stock so that is why you may have not noticed the difference. Anyway to root and fash a ROM there are many tutorials on this forum that will show you how like here is a good one to show you how to download the android SDK that will let you install the drivers for the nexus one then you can root with any method you want I suggest superoneclick.

May I ask what "Rooting" does for the phone? If i do it will I have these options again?

Rooting is the android equivilant to jailbreaking on the iphone it will give you access to super user permissions which will let you do things you could not usualy do like flashing a new ROM (cyanogen) and cyanogen will give you access to those things you wanted.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links