Should i downgrade?

This is a discussion on Should i downgrade? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I want to root my phone with the one click root method, i tried it earlier today and it didn't work. I am on 2.2.2. ...

Thread: Should i downgrade?

Should i downgrade?

I want to root my phone with the one click root method, i tried it earlier today and it didn't work. I am on 2.2.2. Should i downgrade to 2.2.1?

Would i use the passimg method? And where could i find the 2.2.1 file?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i switched back to 2.2.1, and stil can't get the one click root method to work!
    It hangs on waiting for device. Is there anything im doing wrong?
    It installed the drivers for the phone and i put the sdk in the root of the C drive.

anyone? i have a wiped phone in front of me.....

ok, so i finally got it rooted. Had to install PDANet. Now when i installed ROM manager, and i try to install clockwork recovery it fails.

Ok not sure why PDANet would affect your superoneclick problem but I think what you were doing wrong was that when you keep getting that loop you are supposed to toggle usb debugging off and on then it should work fine. But for your problem with flashing clockwork mod does it just fail and gives you an error notification or is it failing as in it says successful and then when you reboot your not in clockwork mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok not sure why PDANet would affect your superoneclick problem but I think what you were doing wrong was that when you keep getting that loop you are supposed to toggle usb debugging off and on then it should work fine. But for your problem with flashing clockwork mod does it just fail and gives you an error notification or is it failing as in it says successful and then when you reboot your not in clockwork mod?
    I just tried after a couple of hours and clockwork mod worked just fine. Finally rooted. CM7!!

Installing PDAnet is a quick and easy way to install the drivers...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by key View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I just tried after a couple of hours and clockwork mod worked just fine. Finally rooted. CM7!!
    cool I'm glad to hear that everything sorted itself our
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Installing PDAnet is a quick and easy way to install the drivers...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip danger I thought the only way to install the drivers was to install the android SDK and download them from there.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links