Nexus One and car head unit

This is a discussion on Nexus One and car head unit within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey, Was wondering if anyone is using their Nexus One as a portable hard drive to play music on the car's head unit (if it ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One and car head unit

Nexus One and car head unit

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone is using their Nexus One as a portable hard drive to play music on the car's head unit (if it has USB).

I was thinking that this might be a better option to go then carrying around my iPod + my Nexus One.
    I just wanted to see if anyway is doing this though and what their experience has been like with it.
    Does the Nexus One charge while it is connected to the car's head unit?

Let me know

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Nexus can't transport music thru the USB port. But it will work with Bluetooth enabled head units, or head units that have an AUX input via the mini-jack. Using those options, yes, you can charge the phone while it's in use by using a USB charging device.

Yes I recently bought a car stereo with a usb port and it works very great, but from personal experience I find it more enjoyable having it connect through bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    The Nexus can't transport music thru the USB port. But it will work with Bluetooth enabled head units, or head units that have an AUX input via the mini-jack. Using those options, yes, you can charge the phone while it's in use by using a USB charging device.
    you end up mounting the sd card and the radio controls it
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Really? I don't have a USB port on my Alpine head unit, but I recall reading that music files weren't accessible through USB... :confused:

Hmm that is interesting.
    Could it perhaps be that this feature is maybe based on the head unit?
    Perhaps having the ability to mount the SD card?
    But I guess since it can mount a USB drive it should be able to mount an SD card - but I honestly don't know.

Just out of curiosity what is the quality like when it is connected via bluetooth? And, do you have a sub in your current setup? I have some concerns that depending upon how the Nexus One is connected to the head unit, it may or may not trigger the sub. (I had an experience with an ipod that when it was connected I didn't get anything going to my sub).
    Oh and also, if it is connected via bluetooth, what system is controlling the song? The Nexus One? Or the head unit?

Sorry for all my questions.

When you have questions about using the mini-jack to an aux input...then I can help :D

The head unit does matter
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    When you have questions about using the mini-jack to an aux input...then I can help :D
    haha...
    What has your experience been like using mini-jack to aux input?
    What is the quality like? I would assume that you would use your Nexus One to select tracks eh?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    The head unit does matter
    Really eh? In terms of just making sure that it has bluetooth/USB? Or something more?

It's what I do, bourne. My car has the Aux Jack in the center console and I use it all of the time. It sounds better than the bluetooth from my dock to my home speakers. But it's minimal because my car stereo still lacks because it's not of the overal quality of my home speakers.

Yes I control it with my phone, but that's better anyway.

If I'm driving and want to change music, I can either use voice command or the widgets that come with mixzing and doubletwist. Those widgets can control the music even when the screen is locked...very nice feature.

Oh. And I think Cizzle was being funny... you know, an analogy to "size matters!"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links