N1/myTouch 4g simms

This is a discussion on N1/myTouch 4g simms within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am changing carriers from CBW to TMobile. Currently I am on a 14 day trial, so have TMO sims in my N1 and wifes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N1/myTouch 4g simms

N1/myTouch 4g simms

I am changing carriers from CBW to TMobile. Currently I am on a 14 day trial, so have TMO sims in my N1 and wifes LG dLite. Getting the free MT4g for my son tomorrow and make final changeover. He doesn't need more than the 200mb plan. However, to get the phone it requires unlimited data. TMO CSR said get the unlimited on the MT4g to get the free offer and put the 2oomb on my N1. Then switch sims and you will be back on unl on the N1 and the myTouch will have the 2oomb. Then port your old CBW numbers to the phones you want to have those numbers on.

Sounds easy enough and research shows it should work.

Question is: Since the myTouch 4g would have a 4g sim, will that sim work in my N1? If not, I may be screwed
    And will my N1 sim they put in my phone work in the MT 4g. Don't know which one they put, guess that would help.

I am talking about the MyTouch keeping 4g capability and my N1 working at all.

Thanks for the help! I know rooting to help others, but know nothing about sims. Never changed one. This is the only thing I am not sure about.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

As far as I know all of the sim cards are the same. Once upon a time, I dropped my phone in a catch basin (don't worry, it was just a razor!) and had to get a new sim card for my old phone. The just opened up their drawer, pulled out a sim card and sold it too me. It worked fine. Granted this was with two dumb phones, but I have no reason to believe that the sim card does anything but provide a minimal amount of information for the phone. Most important of which is to be an activation key.

Hey Thanks Dude,

Glad for your help on the General Q&A like the Development threads.

I remember back when I had BB's they had 3g and 2g cards and some of the newer one's were not working with 3g and they put the older cards back in. Or, so that's how I remember it

So, hope it doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'm on hold with customer service now about another issue (God CS has sucked the last 6 weeks). I'm going to ask them.

Thanks, I was getting ready to call myself. They are the ones that told me to do this to get the free MT4g.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I get thru quicker if I call as wanting new service as a new customer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Unfortunately I only have one phone. My N1. When I went to the store and called, I didn't wait at all. Maybe they don't want me to return the Fender they replaced with a Galaxy s Vibrant? LOL. That MT4G is a sweet phone! Heck the Vibrant is pretty dang nice! My gf gets 2-3 days out of the battery!

You still on hold?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

YES!!!

Check out this link.
    Using A new SIM CARD? for mytouch 4g - T-Mobile Community

The TMo forums are pretty nice. Even tho I got banned for calling out a Mod. They love moving posts to other boards where they think they fit better, and I had to search for one. They told me they'd let me back in if I apologized and I said screw that, I'll stick to the N1 forum and xda developers!

Btw. I'm tethering my phone to my PC and it's working great, even when I'm on hold!

Hey ken little heads up if you still werenít sure I read somewhere else on the forum (didn't pay attention to what thread) that iphoneslayer (I'm pretty sure) got a 4G sim in his nexus one and it ran better or something like that and if he got one for his phone then you should be able to get one for your phone two. Also I'm pretty sure that when they give a sim card it's always the same sim that is given no matter what phone you have.

I know that that didn't sound like I was really sure but I'm positive that it will work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links