Call Log - Speed Dialing by mistake

This is a discussion on Call Log - Speed Dialing by mistake within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The Nexus S dialer is a real problem for me. The 7 speed-dial numbers that are on screen by default after ending a call get ...

Thread: Call Log - Speed Dialing by mistake

Call Log - Speed Dialing by mistake

The Nexus S dialer is a real problem for me. The 7 speed-dial numbers that are on screen by default after ending a call get called by mistake too often. Sometimes you just don't have the time or attention, like when driving (or sleeping) to go through multiple steps to end a call. Just setting phone down after a call can end up making another call.

This phone really needs the option of having the keypad be the default for the Dialier, and for when ending a call instead of the Call Log.

I know occassionally the kepad comes up when you first press the dialer icon, but that is very rare and follows some other event that I haven't figured out.

Is there any type of soluton for this other than going back to my Vibrant where the Dialer is always the Dialer ?

I know this may be a lame question . . but please be nice.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ya its cool there are no dumb questions, to stop you from going to the call log after the call there is an app in the market called no call log that solves one problem. As for making it always go to the dial pad then I'm on a nexus one running cyanogen mod and have the adw launcher built in and you can change those 3 little buttons on the bottom of home screens and you can set the dialler to be the icon where the phone is normally (as it is set by default on the adw launcher) and it will be the dialler not the contact list or call log.

Now for this you don’t have to root and flash cyanogen you can get the adw launcher in the market as well as launcher pro which are the two most popular launchers although I’m not sure that launcher pro has that feature although I am pretty sure.

That does it - thanks

It called "On Call End" That solves 90% of my problems . . thanks

Oh ya sorry I forgot but either way no call log is part of the name so I was close but anyway I'm glad you got 90% of your problems solved. Are you planning on trying the launcher to solve the last 10%?

100% now

I have "On Call End" returning to the home screen after a call. That is an option that Google should have built into the phone. I guess I have decided having the Call log come up when pushing the phone icon is a net benefit . . . so I am 100% on this issue.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links