Nexus One AT&T to T-Mobile?

This is a discussion on Nexus One AT&T to T-Mobile? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by TANKtr0n Try the settings I laid out. If they don't make any improvement, just set it back to what it was before. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One AT&T to T-Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by TANKtr0n View Post
    Try the settings I laid out. If they don't make any improvement, just set it back to what it was before. I think the GSM/CDMA auto(prl ) forces 2100 UMTS which will net a 3G signal from T-Mobile. Mine is set this way and is showing UMTS now, so...

I think. Can't say for sure. Try it and tell us how it goes. Can't hurt.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    And how do you revert back to the way it was, in case it doesn't work?

Just make a note of what you were set to originally before you make any changes. If it doesn't improve anything, change it back. That's how I figured it out for mine. Just patience, Googling, and experimentation.

I just wrote down my original apn setting and radio default in a text file on my computer before I started playing with it.

With my old setting I usually averaged about 1.5 mbps on 3g. New settings net me an average of 2 and sometimes over 4 (usually during low traffic times)...

Just make a note of what you were set to originally before you make any changes. If it doesn't improve anything, change it back. That's how I figured it out for mine. Just patience, Googling, and experimentation.

Gotcha.

One other thing. I don't have a data plan with T-Mobile and the phone works fine. I have an Even More Individual Plan (Talk + Text).

Is having 3G a mute point in my situation? Or is 3G important for voice/text as well?

They will bill you for data use if you don't have a plan...

They will bill you for data use if you don't have a plan...

And if I don't browse the web w/the phone, what else would constitute data use? I'm only using it for talking and texting.

Applications that send data, synchronizing, uploads/downloads, Market use, etc. If you've used data it will show up in your My T-Mobile account. If you have racked up charges, call immediately and get on a data plan if the charges are high.

Wifi use doesn't count.

Also, you may want to consider turning data off. Goto wireless and network settings>mobile networks and uncheck 'enable data'.

Correct. I've been monitoring my account on their site and so far data use is at "0"

If your not gonna use data, its a moot point. Dont bother.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    Hello. New member here. I own an unlocked Nexus One for AT&T smartphone and it is in perfect condition. No scratches or problems.

I'm looking to trade for same condition unlocked Nexus One for T-Mobile in the NYC area. Meet & exchange.

My phone was purchased with stock OS from Google.com and it has the latest Android 2.2.2 installed.

Are trades allowed here?

I have a great condition Nexus One t-Mobile version that I will trade you to solve all of your problems without having to fool around with the APN's and stuff. Thing is I live in Philly. Could we ship to each other or meet around Philadelphia? It is great condition, flawless screen in box with everything. It has 2 very minor scuffs on the tops corners. Nothing bad at all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links