BSE Removal Scare, or am I paranoid?

This is a discussion on BSE Removal Scare, or am I paranoid? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay I'm new, green horn noobie new, but I've been cruising the threads here and I think this is probably the best N1 community I've ...

Thread: BSE Removal Scare, or am I paranoid?

Question BSE Removal Scare, or am I paranoid?

Okay I'm new, green horn noobie new, but I've been cruising the threads here and I think this is probably the best N1 community I've come by

But my question. I have a BSE protector on my phone, as of recently I wanted to replace just the screen protector (I have the full body) because of lent that has stuck to the top because I misaligned it the first time I put it on and just decided to live with it until now and because it's bugging me.

I started to peel off the BSE in the upper left corner all was going well until I felt a "pop" and the bse pulled off what seems to be a clear coating, or a thicker layer, that may or may not have been on the origianl N1. I thought I was peeling off a layer of plastic or something that was covering the original glass! So i immediately placed it back over, re wet the BSE, and the screen in that corner looked funky in color, now the next morning it looks close to normal, but now the BSE is insightly in that corner because of the peeling I did the day before.

Did I in fact peel off a plastic layer that was over the LCD or part of the outside layer over ther LCD? Responsiveness is normal.

Thanks for any reassurance or help. Now I really want to get the BSE off because it looks insanely rippled/orange skin looking in that corner

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow. That sounds horrifying! I really can't answer your question. My guess is no, but you'd be best to call htc (maybe even google). They should be able to answer your question. Do you have insurance? I think if it did ruin the screen, then you should contact BSE (whoever that is) and tell them. Maybe they would be sweethearts and pay for fixing it and you could become a spokeperson for them!

Believe me I freaked! Got that cold sweat. Heart raced. And got that lead brick in the gut feeling.

BSE is Best Skins Ever. When I peeled it like I said, it was a harder/thicker plastic. I thought at first it was the BSE, but something didn't seem right. I was figuring it was the plastic of maybe the screen that protects the LCD? Like the same screen layer that has the soft touch keys? Or is that the digitizer? I don't know the screen construction well especially when I'm working with just pictures provided online. So far though, the color is normal again in that corner, but the BSE is ugly.

Did you notice that the screen level was no longer flush with the edge of the phone? It seems strange to me. They wouldn't call it "Gorilla Glass" if it wasn't really glass... would they?

Screen is flush. I thought it was weird too. I might be fooling myself though, but I don't think BSE had that layer of plastic under it... but now that I think about it, it can't be the BSE, it was sticking to that plastic and that plastic layer didn't have any adhesive qualities. It has to be a layer of the screen. Crap.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links