phone's gone buggy...anyone else experiencing problems?

This is a discussion on phone's gone buggy...anyone else experiencing problems? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, My SD card is no longer being properly read. For photos, I'm getting, "There are no items in your collection." For music, I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phone's gone buggy...anyone else experiencing problems?

SD card not being read

Hi All,

My SD card is no longer being properly read.

For photos, I'm getting, "There are no items in your collection." For music, I'm getting, "No songs found."

I can, however, access the sd card when I go through a file manager app or when it is USB-connected to my laptop.

My failed solutions:
    1. rebooted phone.
    2. removed sd card and gave it and the sd card slot a few blasts of air to try and clean them.

I think it may have been caused by me unplugging the USB cable from my laptop when the two were linked. (This has never been a problem in the past when I accidentally did this.)

Cheers in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I'm not really sure what it could be. If you have another SD card laying around with some data on it you might see if your phone can read that. Since you've already rebooted the phone I would suspect its the SD card that has been corrupted but I don't really know.

My suggestion is to backup your SD card, then reformat it...

Thanks gecko man.

i think it's the SD card. I put my wife's SD card into my phone and no problems. Mine in hers, and problem.

I was hoping i could somehow recover the card functionality (16gb cards aren't so cheap yet).

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    My suggestion is to backup your SD card, then reformat it...

thanks, danger rat. newb questions: 1. best way to back up my sd card? (use an app or just drag and drop files onto my laptop?) 2. reformat sd card via my laptop? thanks again.

You could use an app of some sort but just drag and drop would work so I would and do you that method and format I would do it with your laptop but for that I would use an app.

It will back up a lot quicker if you do it over usb, and just drag and drop...

You can reformat via your laptop, or via recovery...

I used "via" twice in the same sentence - always braking new ground with Android!! xD

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    What usually works for me when i cant unmount. I manually pop the sd card then place it in a card reader. Put some files on it(works with the reader) then pop it back in my N1. Give it a shot.

Thanks for all your suggestions...we have success, but with a bit of tinkering. Not sure if I got some virus or what or if there's a faulty app or something but this is what happened: I reformatted my sd card (via laptop) and just put a few fotos on my phone to see if it would work (rather than loading 10GB of info which would've taken an hour) and presto! it was all good. I then put restored all the data to my sd card...and presto! not working properly again. I had to reformat my sd card again. Rather than waiting to reload an hour's worth of data back on and risk having to reformat my sd card yet again, I didn't load everything back on to my sd card and I took this as an opportunity to do some house cleaning on my phone. I only loaded my fotos, docs, and videos onto my sd card and everything else I'm re-downloading so I can start from scratch. So all is good once again! Thanks again to all for your input. Cheers. BTW My AVG on laptop found a trojan on my sd card...it was for a great app called ezPDF Reader...but this app comes with the offer of a free pdf creator for your laptop, an .exe file. This was the trojan...not sure if this is this is what buggered up my sd card...but it's now been removed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links