N1 to G2 Switch

This is a discussion on N1 to G2 Switch within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got my hands on a G2 and wasn't planning on keeping it. But, I thought I'd try it out and compare it to ...

Thread: N1 to G2 Switch

N1 to G2 Switch

I just got my hands on a G2 and wasn't planning on keeping it. But, I thought I'd try it out and compare it to my N1. The G2 is vanilla Android just like the N1, so I had them both setup identically with the same apps, widgets, backgrounds, etc. Everything was much smoother on the G2 and for the first time ever, I felt like my N1 was laggy. Having used the G2 for a couple of days now, I can say it is a slightly better phone than the N1 in most aspects except for the screen. The G2's screen is not AMOLED so the black levels suck on it (black just looks like really dark gray). The colors are also not as poppy, overall the contrast on the N1 is MUCH better. The G2 screen is slightly easier to read text on though. The touch response on the G2's screen is much more sensitive and accurate than the N1. With 4G, 802.11N, Wifi Calling, snappier processor and graphics, and a nice keyboard, I've decided to finally switch. Just thought I'd share for those that may be contemplating it.

I really loved my N1 though...my mom will be the lucky recipient of it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

And, hey, if you end up deciding to switch back, I bet your mom won't mind having the G2. Sounds like a no brainer :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links