Titanium backup restore issues

This is a discussion on Titanium backup restore issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Not sure where else to ask(Actually copied and pasted from CM forums :P). I just did a full wipe of my system and proceeded to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titanium backup restore issues

Titanium backup restore issues

Not sure where else to ask(Actually copied and pasted from CM forums :P).

I just did a full wipe of my system and proceeded to restore with TB(pro).

When I restored I noticed 2 things:

1. It re-installed old apps I had removed long time ago, can I make it so it would not keep these anymore?

2. A lot of apps it did not restore, it kept them uninstalled, making me re-install manually...

Any solution for these?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1. Yes that means that you once made a backup of those apps and it was never deleted for this you can either delete backups of all uninstalled apps in batch or you can go into the app list and delete the backups individually.

2. Not sure but I would just try the batch operation "restore missing apps and data" that should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    1. Yes that means that you once made a backup of those apps and it was never deleted for this you can either delete backups of all uninstalled apps in batch or you can go into the app list and delete the backups individually.

2. Not sure but I would just try the batch operation "restore missing apps and data" that should do the trick.
    Thanks.. Funny I saw that batch option after I posted this, go figure. It did what I wanted..

For #2, I didn't like this because it showed me all uninstalled apps. But now as long as I keep the backups fairly recent and get rid of uninstalled stuff it should not be an issue.

Another question, is there a way to save my TB apk and tb pro key apk somewhere in the SD? This way I don't have to go into the market and risk all my apps downloading before I can get them back with TB.

just take your apk onto your comp

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    just take your apk onto your comp
    I'm looking now.. But not sure I know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
    Another question, is there a way to save my TB apk and tb pro key apk somewhere in the SD? This way I don't have to go into the market and risk all my apps downloading before I can get them back with TB.
    yes there is a way to save your TB program on your sd card and then you can reinstall it through your custom recovery program...
    go to TB>> more>> create update.zip and click this after this you can either create an update.zip or the second option from there you can reinstall it through recovery...

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    yes there is a way to save your TB program on your sd card and then you can reinstall it through your custom recovery program...
    go to TB>> more>> create update.zip and click this after this you can either create an update.zip or the second option from there you can reinstall it through recovery...
    I tried this now but flashing it did not re-install it.

So, I'm doing another restore, it seems TB does not restore sd card apps back to the SD, instead it puts everything on the phone???

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    I tried this now but flashing it did not re-install it.

So, I'm doing another restore, it seems TB does not restore sd card apps back to the SD, instead it puts everything on the phone???
    yes exactly it will restore apps only to phone memory not to your sd card

Thanks for the help

I think the initial problem with the app not installing all apps is because my phone would run out of space on internal memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links