Get another Nexus One or Switch to a Nexus S?

This is a discussion on Get another Nexus One or Switch to a Nexus S? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So my trusty handy dandy N1 (T-Mobile) took a nose dive into a fountain. Alas, all is lost and she has to be replaced. I ...

Thread: Get another Nexus One or Switch to a Nexus S?

Question Get another Nexus One or Switch to a Nexus S?

So my trusty handy dandy N1 (T-Mobile) took a nose dive into a fountain. Alas, all is lost and she has to be replaced. I kind of want another N1 (I'm soo in love with the phone) but at the same time, I've been recklessly eyeballing the Nexus S. I need help. Pros/Cons please! I love the size of the N1 & NS and really don't want something like a Samsung Galaxy or any of the other newer phones even though I do like the idea of a front facing camera. I need to make a decision soon since I'm using an old Cingular 8125 as a poor substitute and this brick is rapidly ruining my pockets. Thanks!:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

seems that there are more cons on gettings a nexus S, but thats me.

there are two essential points that've convinced me to choose nexus s over it's ancestor:
    * it's the #1 phone for google now and it's most likely to get updates first of all other android devices.
    * front facing camera. I really use skype a lot and when they will release a new version I'll be able to video call.

though the nexus one is also great.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

- I dont really care for updates, since basically it doesnt change what the phone can or cant do.

- I dont care either with front facing cam since like only a mere 1% of the people are using it and I dont think that it will become the norm for calls for another long time.

It all depends on what YOUR needs and tastes are for a phone....

0 experience. With NS but just the 16gb internal space worth

In my case would wait until I can pay for it

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

you can do the same with rooted N1 with 16gb card. N1 internal memory is not a problem for me. I have over 80 apps installed and still have about the half of internal memory free to go

but in the end and most likely, it narrows down to personal tastes

The S has a 4" Super AMOLED sceen and faster processer. Still has the flash and is better than the Galaxy line because it's native. If I had the choice between the two items would weigh heavily in favor of the NS. The onboard 16gb is nice too. In order to get that equivalent, I'd have to spend a min of $35 for a mSD card that doesn't drain more battery.

The N1 has a better feel to it. I love the Metal exterior. I just don't think that that's enough to outweigh the pros of the NS.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    The S has a 4" Super AMOLED sceen and faster processer. Still has the flash and is better than the Galaxy line because it's native. If I had the choice between the two items would weigh heavily in favor of the NS. The onboard 16gb is nice too. In order to get that equivalent, I'd have to spend a min of $35 for a mSD card that doesn't drain more battery.

The N1 has a better feel to it. I love the Metal exterior. I just don't think that that's enough to outweigh the pros of the NS.
    Totally agree. Besides, internal memory instead of sd card makes I/O performance tremendously better. First of all it affects booting speed, it's about twice faster than on nexus one. I have tested.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post
    Totally agree. Besides, internal memory instead of sd card makes I/O performance tremendously better. First of all it affects booting speed, it's about twice faster than on nexus one. I have tested.
    X2 data transfer and data access on internal 16GB must be faster than any SD ..

S users with battery life feedback .. ?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links