Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

This is a discussion on Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alzakx Is there any way to manually install the update on my phone? I don't want to wait for the OTA update. ...

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    Is there any way to manually install the update on my phone? I don't want to wait for the OTA update. I've waited enough and I want it now.
    Yes, here are the instructions How to manually update your Nexus One to Android 2.3 Gingerbread | Android Central

It's fairly easy and foolproof (i've done it . If it doesn't work, you just wait a few days/weeks for the OTA.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    My battery timings are exactly the same. Your battery depleted more quickly because you are using your phone a lot because of the update

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    We'll see as the day goes by, as i've started a full charge cycle but the battery went down 2% just by browsing this forum for 3 mins on tapatalk... (0% bright, wifi/gps off)

I think its time to manually root now (hope I get it right lol)

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One via hit'n'yak

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    Its installing as we speak *faints* this is the update.zip. Now this may be a dumb question, since i did it this way... i still will be able to receive other OTAS correct?
    Yes you will. I have not done this update, but I did Froyo manual with the official Google update.zip and still got OTA updates after that.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Google voice also gone for me

Ok. Theres my battery benchmark so far : i'm down to 85% after 4h15 mins of idle time and around 15 mins of internet use (3G) and no talking time. (0% bright, gps/wifi off)

Doesnt look too bad afterall ??

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One via hit'n'yak

The battery use screen is all jacked up at the top after updating. I can still see all the important info about what is using the battery, but the part at the top that reports how long the phone has been unplugged is screwy. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    The battery use screen is all jacked up at the top after updating. I can still see all the important info about what is using the battery, but the part at the top that reports how long the phone has been unplugged is screwy. Anyone else have this problem?
    Its not screwed up that's a new feature of this update which shows you that how much of your battery was used up when in the timeline since you unplugged/turned your phone on. Click on the timer and you will see a new window

I'm guessing no real reason to go to the stock GB if I am on Cm7?

Also - I'm assuming I'll lose root if I update the stock gingerbread ROM?

From now onwards I will stick to the stock rom because its so much better then froyo and as compared to the custom ones this one will relatively be almost bugs free

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    Its not screwed up that's a new feature of this update which shows you that how much of your battery was used up when in the timeline since you unplugged/turned your phone on. Click on the timer and you will see a new window

Hmm...nice feature but it sure isn't very elegant looking. In fact, it looks like it was designed on a Friday around 4:30 or so. The green line actually goes through the reading that indicates how long since the phone was last unplugged. Ugh.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links