Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

This is a discussion on Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by registerme1 hello. did anyone actually get the update OTA? all i see here so far are from those who manually downloaded. thx. ...

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

Quote Originally Posted by registerme1 View Post
    hello. did anyone actually get the update OTA?

all i see here so far are from those who manually downloaded. thx.
    I was reading on this as well and I read somewhere that the ota will not start worldwide until a few more weeks. They will update nexus s phones in the US first and then normally update nexus s and nexus one in the world.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I updated to GB smoothly with no problems (never had a problem with any previous manual updates, either). However, the News & Weather widget force-closes. Anybody else having problems with it also?

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    I updated to GB smoothly with no problems (never had a problem with any previous manual updates, either). However, the News & Weather widget force-closes. Anybody else having problems with it also?
    NO i have been using it with no problem what's so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    NO i have been using it with no problem what's so ever.
    Ditto.. At 1st i was getting a few force close but now i have no probs with it. Maybe the app was getting use to 2.3.3.

There is something wrong with the power control widget it doesn't work properly sometimes I experienced the same problem in froyo 2.2.2 and the same in the new gingerbread 2.3.3 I thought that they might have fixed the issue in this update but they didn't. Secondly sometimes the screen flickers when I return to the home screen using the back button not the home button this has happened at least twice since this gingerbread update this problem didn't existed before in the froyo.

I reset my non-rooted Nexus One prior to manually installing the 2.3.3 update.

Gingerbread has worked perfectly for me. The News and Weather Widget appears on the LH screen by default, it worked fine with no FCs for the few hours I left it in place. The Power Widget is something I use constantly, it has been flawless on GB so far.

The first 24 hours or so after the update my battery life seemed to suffer, but since then it has gotten better. Maybe the metering software had to relearn the battery's power curve or whatever. I dunno, it lasts all day and works great now.

No problems of any kind on my updated phone. My Nexus One continues to be one of the smartest purchases I have ever made.

Does anyone have any idea how to manually report operating system related problems to Google for this gingerbread OS update.

Hmm...seems like the update made the battery life a bit worse.
    Also, I've been getting force close for the launcher.
    And the other night the homescreens were lagging to the point that I could not scroll through the 5 homescreens, but the app drawer and everything else seeemed to be running fine.

My N1 in fact getting better with GB. Battery life is better, wifi connection is faster to connect after arrive my home, office, and other places. wifi connection is very responsive in GB. I got connect to the wifi area within a second before GB sometime it take up to few second to get connected. My car dock is working better, too. I always has issue to remember the bluetooth setting for phone connection. Now with GB I haven't have that issue yet. No issue on Power widget. App2SD is working better. I move my app from SD back to the phone and move them back to SD. It free up more phone memory. Great! I have at least 25 MB more space after using GB for App2SD function!

I've been using Gingerbread for almost a week now.
    So far I am really liking it.

I have come across two things that have been weird.

1. My bluetooth is acting really weird. I have a bluetooth headset that no longer syncs correctly. If I check the bluetooth settings that phone says its connected but no paired, or sometimes it doesn't say anything at all. If I tell the phone to search it pairs to the headset right away. I am not sure if this is a bug, or it maybe I just need to completely clear my headset off the phone and repair it.

2. I had a REALLY weird graphical glitch with the app drawer.
    When I tried to scroll, the whole app drawer sort of shock and bounced around the screen and then it just evened out. It wouldn't let me actually scroll through my apps. I had to reboot in order to fix this. - this has only happened once.

Other then that though Gingerbread has been good. The verdict is still out on the battery life. Standby definitely seems better, but under usage I am still not entirely sure.

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links