Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

This is a discussion on Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen Originally Posted by goonieboy Originally Posted by GoofyG28 I updated to GB smoothly with no problems (never had a problem ...

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    I updated to GB smoothly with no problems (never had a problem with any previous manual updates, either). However, the News & Weather widget force-closes. Anybody else having problems with it also?
    NO i have been using it with no problem what's so ever.
    Ditto.. At 1st i was getting a few force close but now i have no probs with it. Maybe the app was getting use to 2.3.3.
    In my case, it's worse than that. I can't even add the widget. I tried restarting, and I tried using the standard home (I normally use LauncherPro), but I still get this:

"Sorry! The application News & Weather (process.com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget ) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I also have lost the Google Voice widget, the one that's 1x3 in size...

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by registerme1 View Post
    hello. did anyone actually get the update OTA?

all i see here so far are from those who manually downloaded. thx.
    I was reading on this as well and I read somewhere that the ota will not start worldwide until a few more weeks. They will update nexus s phones in the US first and then normally update nexus s and nexus one in the world.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    I still haven't gotten OTA and haven't heard of anyone that has, WTF! I live in USA so I should've heard someone getting it by now.... anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixhazard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by registerme1 View Post
    hello. did anyone actually get the update OTA?

all i see here so far are from those who manually downloaded. thx.
    I was reading on this as well and I read somewhere that the ota will not start worldwide until a few more weeks. They will update nexus s phones in the US first and then normally update nexus s and nexus one in the world.

I still haven't gotten OTA and haven't heard of anyone that has, WTF! I live in USA so I should've heard someone getting it by now.... anyone?
    Have you tried checkin recently? Also , why not just install the manual update?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post

yea, i checkin every day. i dunno, maybe im just stupid, but i've heard that manually updating can mess up some things. meh perhaps ill just do it.

yea, i checkin every day. i dunno, maybe im just stupid, but i've heard that manually updating can mess up some things. meh perhaps ill just do it.
    I did it for Froyo cause I really really wanted Froyo. I got all the other OTA's fine before and after that, then did it for this one because I did not want to be like you... checking in every day wondering. Its really easy, just use the link in the first post to get the file, that is the one I used.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I did it for Froyo cause I really really wanted Froyo. I got all the other OTA's fine before and after that, then did it for this one because I did not want to be like you... checking in every day wondering. Its really easy, just use the link in the first post to get the file, that is the one I used.
    So why does Google release updates OTA? Why not just release an official software download on the net? Apple does it through iTunes...

So why does Google release updates OTA? Why not just release an official software download on the net? Apple does it through iTunes...
    They did officially release it.Here just copy and paste:

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/passion/81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip

Because the vast majority of cell phone users will not go to some random FTP sever and manually install the update, or even know the update is there. The OTA pushed to everyone phone handles the majority of the cases.

Apple gets away with it because of how they lock the users into their world.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

OTA came a second time

Quote Originally Posted by winvent View Post
    Strange OTA download problem. OTA update downloaded OK. No error message. I installed and restarted (tried restarting a number of times). However, the system info still shows Android 2.2.2, build FRG83G. I have hboot-0.35.0017. My phone is stock and NOT ROOTED. *#*#2432546#*#* just says that "checkin succeeded". Don't see the install package in downloads or at root. I am at a loss. Thinking of a manual installation, but worry that the first installation try indicates a problem. I certainly don't want a brick! Any ideas?

Was too busy the last couple days to manually install. Then tonight I saw the OTA announcement again. OTA installation worked fine the second time. Just FYI for y'all

OTA just arrived on my stock nexus one in Los Angeles on Tmobile.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links