Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

This is a discussion on Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by fahdbhatti Originally Posted by -John- I keep getting that Status 7 Error, and the installation keeps getting aborted. Anyone experiencing this problem? ...

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread 2.3.3 now rolling out to N1

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    I keep getting that Status 7 Error, and the installation keeps getting aborted. Anyone experiencing this problem? Im Froyo 2.2.2.
    Manually Dowload the update and then rename it to update.zip and then place it on the root directory of your SD card the turn off your phone and power it back on by holding volume down button and then select recovery and then when you see the exclamation mark press power and volume up button repeatedly until you enter the recovery menu and then select the apply update.zip option

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    I did that. I followed the instructions like one of the links said, it still said error. I downloaded another zip file from another link, did the same thing.

I was on stock 2.2. I installed all the updates manually, all by using the update.zip method worked like a charm.

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hit'n'yak

Make sure your aren't naming the file to update.zip.zip

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    I keep getting that Status 7 Error, and the installation keeps getting aborted. Anyone experiencing this problem? Im Froyo 2.2.2.
    Manually Dowload the update and then rename it to update.zip and then place it on the root directory of your SD card the turn off your phone and power it back on by holding volume down button and then select recovery and then when you see the exclamation mark press power and volume up button repeatedly until you enter the recovery menu and then select the apply update.zip option

I did that. I followed the instructions like one of the links said, it still said error. I downloaded another zip file from another link, did the same thing.
    Is your phone rooted? If it's rooted then this problem is expected. For that you will first have to unroot your phone and then apply the update.

Never rooted. Im sure its update.zip, and not update.zip.zip. I never had problems manually updating before, this is the first one.

Never rooted. Im sure its update.zip, and not update.zip.zip. I never had problems manually updating before, this is the first one.
    if its possible for you to apply an earlier firmware flash then your phone will automatically update to froyo 2.2.2 and then after that you can try applying this update manually maybe this can solve your problem.. if you are willing to do this then i can forward you links to get a previous file.

newbie question here
    i noticed that someone said the Gingerbread update file is 40MB+ when you have it OTA. but my N1 has only 20MB left in its internal storage, is that going to be a problem for me to get it OTA since i dont have enough space?

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by registerme1 View Post
    newbie question here
    i noticed that someone said the Gingerbread update file is 40MB+ when you have it OTA. but my N1 has only 20MB left in its internal storage, is that going to be a problem for me to get it OTA since i dont have enough space?

thank you.
    no that won't be a problem as your phone will download the ota update file to your sdcard.

Finally

I got mine updated now...manually, it just finished and i have only looked at it but it looks great!

shu

Gingerbread 2.3.3 OFFICIAL OTA link

Copied the file to sd card, booted into recovery, applied 'update.zip' ... WORKS!

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|318...4b2d.zip|45753
    DuckLoad.com Easy streaming

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links