Taking screenshots w/o rooting?

This is a discussion on Taking screenshots w/o rooting? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'd really like to have this capability. And I know about the SDK way of taking a screenshot, and have done it successfully, but it ...

Thread: Taking screenshots w/o rooting?

Taking screenshots w/o rooting?

I'd really like to have this capability. And I know about the SDK way of taking a screenshot, and have done it successfully, but it is just too much of a hassle for me. Is there any other way of doing it?

If rooting is the only option, do I have to install a custom ROM for my phone? I'm not familiar at all with all these, but I've heard that you will not be able to get the OTA updates once your phone is rooted? You will have to do it manually everytime. What are the major pros and cons of having a rooted phone, with a custom rom?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I may be wrong, but every option I've seen requires root access.

Rooting is pretty easy, and you can keep your stock ROM if you want. Stock ROMs will get OTAs, but installing an OTA will make you lose root access (so you'll have to root again).

Some things can stop the OTA from installing, like signature verification on a custom recovery, or removing core apps. Ask these things can be easily fixed though...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Now what is the easiest way to root a Nexus One with gingerbread? I've always planned on rooting my phone after I get gingerbread, and clearly, I am not wasting any time lol.

The only non root way I've seen is using the sdk and adb commands. It has been rumored one of the programs would do it but I haven't seen it.

I'm gonna try the gingerbread update now, and see if the link is genuine. I'll give it a manual root, and let you know how it goes...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thanks! let me know how it works.

check out the app ShootMe
    i'm rooted, so i dunno if it works on non rooted phones

Quote Originally Posted by insomnium View Post
    check out the app ShootMe
    i'm rooted, so i dunno if it works on non rooted phones
    Hi, I tried it before with froyo and it didn't work. I just tried it again with gingerbread, it didnt work either.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links