Problems with swype since installing gingerbread...

This is a discussion on Problems with swype since installing gingerbread... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi I just wanted to know if any of you have been having problems using swype? my works EXCEPT for when i want to write ...

Thread: Problems with swype since installing gingerbread...

Problems with swype since installing gingerbread...

Hi
    I just wanted to know if any of you have been having problems using swype? my works EXCEPT for when i want to write fast by swyping around the keyboard it doesn't work.It only works if i input each letter like a normal keyboard.
    I then put Slideit instead of swype and that one works great when sliding around the keyboard. Please help because i really want to keep using swype. thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

uninstall and download latest version using swype installer

Ok i just re-installed it and it works fine

might be a sily question but my friend had swype and he had to switch his phone to Eng US keyboard to be able to get a qwerty layout so he ended up getting an english dictionnary.

if he switched his phone back to French (more locale canada) he had french dictionnary but along with an azerty keyboard.

im looking foward to give it a try since i had slideit for a while, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Merci

So you want a french dictionary with a qwerty keyboard?

exactly!

SlideIT provided the option to use a qwerty keyboard and the market had the french dictionnary add-on for SlideIT. but since Swype is out for a while...

Does this happen with 'shapewriter' too. I've used Swype too...but found shape writer much better, faster and adaptive.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ren2008 View Post
    exactly!

SlideIT provided the option to use a qwerty keyboard and the market had the french dictionnary add-on for SlideIT. but since Swype is out for a while...
    Not entirely sure what will happen when you switch language with swype as I have never done it, but the one piece of advice that I can offer is make sure that you install the "Full Version" of Swype. If you install the smaller package of Swype (which is around 2.5MB I think), you will only have English and Spanish available to you.

I tried SlideIT and compared to Swype it falls sort, especially when you are dealing with smaller words like "it, is, out, etc". I found SlideIT would just keep saying it didn't know what I was trying to input.

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

thanks! i will try out the full version, does GB allows the app to be moved to SD? i think i couldn't on froyo.

i don't think Swype has changed much so i guess if i choose French language, i will get the AZERTY keyboard from France and not CANADA. if i can't have it, ill have to stick with SlideIT, unfortunately...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links