Gingerbread & Cyanogen?

This is a discussion on Gingerbread & Cyanogen? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Bare with me guys, I'm a girl & don't know much about phones except for making calls & texting from it basically So with that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread & Cyanogen?

Gingerbread & Cyanogen?

Bare with me guys, I'm a girl & don't know much about phones except for making calls & texting from it basicallySo with that being said, I don't know anything about mods on my phone & need some advise please. I bought my N1 from my friend last year & he had the phone moded with Cyanogen 6.0.0. I just read about the new Gingerbread update & would like to download that if possible, but when I asked my other friend who has a N1 with Cyanogen- he said I couldn't update to Gingerbread? He said I should update to the CM7 in a lil bit when more bugs are fixed with it? Can I not get the Gingerbread update b/c I'm on CM6? Can anyone advise if this is possible for me to get the update & is it safe??? Much !

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

there is a good working gingerbread rom already out; im actually using it atm...
    only note to be taken - video recording isnt good - thats about it; everythin else perfect

[ROM] Gingerbread v.20 (Stock/Trackball Wake/Gapps/DT-Ap2SD) (ThemePack v1.9) 1/11/11 - xda-developers

enjoy ur Gingerbread N1
    u'll love it

s2kgurl,

Male or female, if you aren't experienced at flashing (installing) new roms (CM7 etc) you should do a lot of reading and/or get with your boyfriend for help.

You need to be familiar with booting into recovery, getting out of trouble via recovery and working with your sd card and ext if you have one.

Definetly back up phone (nandroid) and back up sd card before doing anything.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

To get Gingerbread, you need to be on a stock ROM, so no you can't just apply the update to CM6...

Gingerbread isn't much more than a cosmetic update anyway, so your not missing anything...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    To get Gingerbread, you need to be on a stock ROM, so no you can't just apply the update to CM6...

Gingerbread isn't much more than a cosmetic update anyway, so your not missing anything...

Thank you danger-rat. That's what I wanted to know- if I could even get this update since I was on CM6. I don't know much about software/programs & I'm so thankful for this forum. Thanks!

No worries!
    To be a bit clearer, you can still get Gingerbread, you just have to do a bit more work. If you're up for the challenge, let me know?

No worries!
    To be a bit clearer, you can still get Gingerbread, you just have to do a bit more work. If you're up for the challenge, let me know?

Oh really? I thought it wasn't possible? Hmm, I may consider it if it's not to hard to do. Is it worth the extra mile you think? Is there a lot of changes with the Gingerbread?

Thanks!

No worries!

might try it myself danger rat if its 2.3.3

my other phone's a nexus too

Well, I know s2kgurl is rooted, because she has CM6. That makes it pretty easy, and you just need to flash a few files.

Tony, what about you, what ROM are you on?

Also, do you guys want rooted Gingerbread, or just stock?

Well, I know s2kgurl is rooted, because she has CM6. That makes it pretty easy, and you just need to flash a few files.

Tony, what about you, what ROM are you on?

Also, do you guys want rooted Gingerbread, or just stock?

cm7 mate but from what I'm reading there ain't much of a difference with that and 2.3.3 or am I wrong lol

my other phone's a nexus too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links